Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game no longer opening, Origin opens and then popup that origin is no longer running

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game no longer opening, Origin opens and then popup that origin is no longer running Empty Game no longer opening, Origin opens and then popup that origin is no longer running

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 04:21

When I first downloaded the game, everything was working well and I was able to play. However, recently my game has not been opening. I click open and Origin pops up and then the game tries to start but closes with an error that reads "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

I was able to play the game, so I believe I downloaded everything correctly (I have not downloaded the Fitness Stuff pack yet). I make sure my anti virus is disabled when starting the game. I run the game as administrator. And my folder is in Program Files. I have CC but haven't downloaded anything since I first began playing.

I really need a solution.

Back to top Go down

Game no longer opening, Origin opens and then popup that origin is no longer running Empty Re: Game no longer opening, Origin opens and then popup that origin is no longer running

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 09:40

run as admin.  Sorry,just noticed, irrelevant. Smile

Last edited by Loonieloose on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 13:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)

Back to top Go down

Game no longer opening, Origin opens and then popup that origin is no longer running Empty Re: Game no longer opening, Origin opens and then popup that origin is no longer running

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 09:57

caylaclem24 wrote:When I first downloaded the game, everything was working well and I was able to play. However, recently my game has not been opening. I click open and Origin pops up and then the game tries to start but closes with an error that reads "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

I was able to play the game, so I believe I downloaded everything correctly (I have not downloaded the Fitness Stuff pack yet). I make sure my anti virus is disabled when starting the game. I run the game as administrator. And my folder is in Program Files. I have CC but haven't downloaded anything since I first began playing.

As the Origin not running error only has 3 causes:
1. Origin IS running and active on your computer.
2. Install folder is still in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts and must be moved out.
3. Crack RldOrigin.dll has been put in quarantaine by your anti-virus

I must presume that your problems are caused by nr. 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 04:44

Tarac wrote:
caylaclem24 wrote:When I first downloaded the game, everything was working well and I was able to play. However, recently my game has not been opening. I click open and Origin pops up and then the game tries to start but closes with an error that reads "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."

As the Origin not running error only has 3 causes:
1. Origin IS running and active on your computer.
2. Install folder is still in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts and must be moved out.
3. Crack RldOrigin.dll has been put in quarantaine by your anti-virus

I must presume that your problems are caused by nr. 3
Just checked. RldOrigin.dll isn't quarantined

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 09:50

I just found another reason why Origin is activated:

When you have copied, instead of making a shortcut. the file TS4.exe and/or TS$_x64.exe to your desktop and you try to start your game via that copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 16:18

Tarac wrote:I just found another reason why Origin is activated:

When you have copied, instead of making a shortcut. the file TS4.exe and/or TS$_x64.exe to your desktop and you try to start your game via that copy.
I usually open the game directly from the Game folder. I just made a shortcut though, and it still didn't work.

However, I don't know if this can be the reason for the problem, but my Origin isn't updated. But I keep trying to update but an error occurs every single time (I select yes when they have the "make changes" announcement and everything. My Origin is also offline for some reason and I'm not sure how to change that or fix the updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 18:58

caylaclem24 wrote:I usually open the game directly from the Game folder. I just made a shortcut though, and it still didn't work.

However, I don't know if this can be the reason for the problem, but my Origin isn't updated. But I keep trying to update but an error occurs every single time (I select yes when they have the "make changes" announcement and everything. My Origin is also offline for some reason and I'm not sure how to change that or fix the updates.
Hi there,

It'd be better to turn off origin completely, or close them and make sure they are not running in task manager. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 21:41

Ageha wrote:
caylaclem24 wrote:I usually open the game directly from the Game folder. I just made a shortcut though, and it still didn't work.

Hi there,

It'd be better to turn off origin completely, or close them and make sure they are not running in task manager. 
When I start the game I always make sure Origin is closed but it still always ends up opening. I try to close it, it opens again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 15:44

caylaclem24 wrote:When I start the game I always make sure Origin is closed but it still always ends up opening. I try to close it, it opens again.
I see. Could you perhaps either 1) Check task manager to see if Origin is running in the background or 2) Uninstall Origin and see if the error is still there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 05:30

Ageha wrote:
caylaclem24 wrote:When I start the game I always make sure Origin is closed but it still always ends up opening. I try to close it, it opens again.
I see. Could you perhaps either 1) Check task manager to see if Origin is running in the background or 2) Uninstall Origin and see if the error is still there.
Origin was closed on the task manager when I tried to start the game again, and the opened. I just uninstalled Origin and same error still occurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 13:29

caylaclem24 wrote:Origin was closed on the task manager when I tried to start the game again, and the opened. I just uninstalled Origin and same error still occurs.
Okay this is weird. Try searching for Origin if you're on windows 8/10 using the search bar and see if anything appears. If yes, open the file path and delete any of the origin 'remnants'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jul 2017, 22:26

Ageha wrote:
caylaclem24 wrote:Origin was closed on the task manager when I tried to start the game again, and the opened. I just uninstalled Origin and same error still occurs.
Okay this is weird. Try searching for Origin if you're on windows 8/10 using the search bar and see if anything appears. If yes, open the file path and delete any of the origin 'remnants'.
Just looked, nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 14:28

Okay double checking again, where is your Sims 4 currently installed at?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Jul 2017, 22:00

Ageha wrote:Okay double checking again, where is your Sims 4 currently installed at?
C: > Program Files > The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 14:10

Okay. Try to move that to Desktop instead. If there are still errors, take a look at this ea site on removing the origin manually. Sometimes bits and pieces might get left behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 15:58

Ageha wrote:Okay. Try to move that to Desktop instead. If there are still errors, take a look at this ea site on removing the origin manually. Sometimes bits and pieces might get left behind.
Where does moving to Desktop comes from ?
I really don't see any advantages there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jul 2017, 16:05

Some simmers actually managed to get the origin error to disappear after moving to Desktop. It's simply a suggestion rather than a fix. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 03:04

Ageha wrote:Okay. Try to move that to Desktop instead. If there are still errors, take a look at this ea site on removing the origin manually. Sometimes bits and pieces might get left behind.
Tried to open in desktop, didn't work. Followed all the steps to remove Origin and tried to open the game in desktop and program files and the same error came up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 12:08

caylaclem24 wrote:
Tried to open in desktop, didn't work. Followed all the steps to remove Origin and tried to open the game in desktop and program files and the same error came up.
I think you're best bet is to:
1. Make sure your install folder The Sims 4 is in your exceptions of your anti-virus.
2. Switch off your anti-virus temporarily
3. Download and install Fitness
4. Activate your anti-virus again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top