Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My game has worked perfectly for months, all of a sudden Origin opens and I get the Origin error?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My game has worked perfectly for months, all of a sudden Origin opens and I get the Origin error? Empty My game has worked perfectly for months, all of a sudden Origin opens and I get the Origin error?

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2017, 00:25

Hello, I have all the downloads for TS4 up to City Living pack, and I have been playing it happily since the day it came out. My game has always worked perfectly, and I just played it last night. Today when I tried to open it up, Origin popped open saying it needed to be updated. And then once TS4 opened, I got the "Origin must be running" error. I tried re-extracting the .rar file and then re-copying all the files to The Sims 4 folder (which is NOT under Program Files x86 like it is supposed to be) and still, nothing. I restarted my computer as well. The only thing I HAVEN'T done is re-download the torrent, because I can't do it at my house, since we've gotten a Comcast copyright notice and I'm scared. xD So if that turns out to be the fix, I'll have to wait until next week to use my sister's wifi, lol.

Has this happened to anyone else and how can I fix it? Thanks.

EDIT: I figured it out!! My virus scanner accidentally removed the rldorigin.dll file in the middle of the night, I restored the file and now it works! I won't delete this just in case someone runs into the same problem, but if it's unnecessary then the admins can remove it.

Back to top Go down

My game has worked perfectly for months, all of a sudden Origin opens and I get the Origin error? Empty Re: My game has worked perfectly for months, all of a sudden Origin opens and I get the Origin error?

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2017, 01:22

Just signed up to say THANK YOU!
Was having the exact same problem but now it's working thanks to your tip!  I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

My game has worked perfectly for months, all of a sudden Origin opens and I get the Origin error? Empty Re: My game has worked perfectly for months, all of a sudden Origin opens and I get the Origin error?

Post by Guest Sat 11 Feb 2017, 01:56

Thank you, I started having this problem out of the blue.  I tip my fedora. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top