Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MODS CAUSING PROBLEMS???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MODS CAUSING PROBLEMS??? Empty MODS CAUSING PROBLEMS???

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:50

Okay, so I know the problem and whats causing it; but I don't know how to fix it.

So I downloaded the new Ultimate Fix from today (08-19-15) and I installed it correctly (I've done this a bunch of times,) but I can't start my game with my mods. I get the error:

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game.

[85262c58:29f00e76:00000000:00000000(or something)]

and I know its my mods because i've tried playing without them and it booted up fine. the .cfg is from today. I went through the broken mods thing and i didn't have any listed.

And please don't say: "just delete all your mods and start over" or "go through all your mods and take them out one by one" because i have 2,000+ mods and its taken me forever to get them all.

(I did a clean reinstall before adding the files from the fix)

Hopefully somebody can help me  Why.

Back to top Go down

MODS CAUSING PROBLEMS??? Empty Re: MODS CAUSING PROBLEMS???

Post by coolcandy3001 Thu 20 Aug 2015, 02:34

Yes, this is to do with your mods. You'll have to go through your mods - it's the only way. I have 4k mods, I sympathise with you. Take them all out and put them back 100 by 100, or even 1000 by 1000.
If the first 100 you take out fixes it, then do it 50, then 25, etc.
It's the only way.
But us CC lovers have to deal with it No

I had one that wasn't listed either... didn't know there was a list, just removed it and got on with my simming~
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top