Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store bought base game causing problems.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store bought base game causing problems. Empty Store bought base game causing problems.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Aug 2011, 23:28

Hey so I bought my sims 3 base game in store, and its caused me nothingbut problems trying to make it work with the torrented expansions. but basically ive uninstalled all of the expansions because they wouldnt work even with all the right cracks and patches applied. ive read the "must read installation order must read" thing, but my question is what are the different steps to take if the base game is store bought? as in installation order , cracks, updates etc.. ? it's really hard to find info on that anywhere unless im just not looking hard enough. i appreciate the help, thanks

Back to top Go down

Store bought base game causing problems. Empty Re: Store bought base game causing problems.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 05 Aug 2011, 09:27

Hello,
You can follow the exact same steps for a store bought base game as you would for a pirated version. Don't forget to use the ultimate fix.
If you still experience problems, it can be helpful to download G4TW base game.
Please let us know if you run into any problems along the way.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Store bought base game causing problems. Empty Re: Store bought base game causing problems.

Post by Guest Sun 07 Aug 2011, 04:55

where can iget the ultimate fix again? is it just "the sims 3 fix" with all thhe sub folders for all the expansions? and should i apply it after i install all of em? thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 07 Aug 2011, 11:20

Hello,
Yes that's the file. Apply it after installing everything. Make sure you've downloaded the latest fix, its updated from time to time so stay tuned to the forum!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Aug 2011, 13:29

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,
Yes that's the file. Apply it after installing everything. Make sure you've downloaded the latest fix, its updated from time to time so stay tuned to the forum!

... or join our "The Sims (3) fans" group here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/g8-the-sims-3-fans
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 07 Aug 2011, 15:12

Admin wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

... or join our "The Sims (3) fans" group here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/g8-the-sims-3-fans

That's probably even better advice, never miss an update or new release for The Sims 3 again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Aug 2011, 02:49

awesome thanks. one more question, i uninstalled my store bought game and reinstalled the gt4w version and all it's expansions (followed the guide) worked great, but now my game is crashing with the alert saying "sims 3 has stopped working" any ideas or references?
thanks again

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 08 Aug 2011, 09:57

Hello,
This seems to work for most people.
Please let us know if it does for you to, and don't hesitate to post if you have any further problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top