Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Empty Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 04:27

Unable to access "My Library" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020
All three tabs read WWWWWWWW and when clicked on it says "connection required"
Also everything in the "game options" menu reads "Label Name"
{see added photos}
I re-downloaded the Ultimate Fix 1.10.57.1020  and applied with no corrections or changes.
Anyone have any clues or ideas how to fix this?

Last edited by QuickKeyzz on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 05:01; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 04:32

Hi there, @QuickKeyzz, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

That's very strange. What do you mean when you say that everything on the Game Options reads 'Label Name'?

Do you have any Mods or CC installed? Try temporarily removing those and see if it changes anything.

Have you ever tried changing the language? And did you get any errors during the extraction of the Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 04:38

All the text in the game options read "Label Name"
See attached photos in original post
I always remove all CC and mods when upgrading just in case.
Changing the language actually fixes errors?
Let me go try that and see if it works.
Thanks for the super quick response SeoY

Edit:

Ok SeoY you got me, turns out I missed a mod that was for the older version of TS4.
As soon as I removed ALL mods and CC, the Library worked just fine.
Looks like Im back to adding the CC and mods one at a time to further weed out the bad ones.
Thanks again SeoY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 01:12

@QuickKeyzz There's actually a mod conflict detector on mod the sims that detects all mods that might be broken or incompatible. I'd send you the link but I can't since that's against the rules. Just search "mod conflict detector sims 4" and it will be the first result.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Aug 2015, 01:19

Hylia wrote:@QuickKeyzz There's actually a mod conflict detector on mod the sims that detects all mods that might be broken or incompatible. I'd send you the link but I can't since that's against the rules. Just search "mod conflict detector sims 4" and it will be the first result.

That rule about "outside links" badly needs to be simplified. Smile  Of course: MTS links are allowed. What is NOT allowed are links to torrent/filesharing/warez-sites. Here's part of a message that I posted a while ago, for instruction in the "Helpers area" (a hidden subforum that can only be accessed by staff). I hope this can clarify a few things.

Carlos wrote:(...) here's an analogy that might help you:

Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Icon_exclaim Is the content a user is posting potentially "illegal" in real-life jurisdictions, or otherwise harmful to the forum Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Icon_question

(...) "Illegal" content, from my perspective, is:

- any links to warez/torrent or other obscure websites that host illegal content (p0rn, ads, copyright infringement, hate, etc.)
- in particular, any download link from these sources. If the site itself is illegal, so are any download links associated with it. 

With this analogy, while certainly not prefect, you can still catch most of the standard cases, which fall as illegal content under rule 6 (  Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Icon_arrow potentially "illegal" in real-life jurisdictions).

In addition, you should also edit/report any download links that are hosted on filehosters like MediaFire, MEGA, 4shared, etc. Even if they are "masked". Like, links with dots or spaces between them. Or links that are posted in videos or pictures. These links may not be directly associated with an "illegal" site, but they are still not allowed. Recently, a kid on here posted a link to a TS4 crack that was embedded in a YouTube video. And I censored that video then. Just one example. We simply assume that any torrent/filesharing link posted by "normal" users could contain malicious stuff, and hence we censor them. It absolutely doesn't matter whether the stuff is actually good or harmful - again, we assume all of these (torrent/filesharing) links to be harmful ( Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Icon_arrow ...or otherwise harmful to the forum)

If it's a legal site, like NRAAS, MATY, MTS or for example an official website about a game, you should allow those things. This is unproblematic.

Of course, you don't have to be a lawyer to find out if something is illegal. Unable to access "My Gallery" after ULTIMATE FIX 1.10.57.1020 [SOLVED] Icon_smile  In most cases, you will already have a good feeling, as to what constitutes illegal content. 

Of course, that still looks complicated (and probably is), but it should give an insight into the ways of how to deal with links.  The Sims Plumbob 1
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 07:54

QuickKeyzz wrote:Ok SeoY you got me, turns out I missed a mod that was for the older version of TS4.
As soon as I removed ALL mods and CC, the Library worked just fine.
Looks like Im back to adding the CC and mods one at a time to further weed out the bad ones.
Thanks again SeoY.

Hi May I know what Mod is causing this problems? I have the same issue. Maybe I have a mod that is outdated and I still don't know what Mod is causing the problems. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 03:27

Actually there were a few that needed updated to work with the newer version on TS4.
If I'm not mistaken it was the Lock Doors mod {MTS}, which is no longer needed, and the UI Cheats Extension {MTS} and a few others I cant think of off the top of my head.
Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 03:47

Hylia wrote:@QuickKeyzz There's actually a mod conflict detector on mod the sims that detects all mods that might be broken or incompatible. I'd send you the link but I can't since that's against the rules. Just search "mod conflict detector sims 4" and it will be the first result.
I've already tried using that very program, worked 1 time, hasn't worked since.
Scan only gives me the folder names in the left window, but not any of the package or script files, everything else a blank.
Thanks for the head up anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Aug 2015, 02:32

QuickKeyzz wrote:
I've already tried using that very program, worked 1 time, hasn't worked since.
Scan only gives me the folder names in the left window, but not any of the package or script files, everything else a blank.
Thanks for the head up anyway.

Can we consider your problem "solved", or do you need more assistance ? Smile  Yes, these in-game text problems are often caused by mods. And from my experience in Sims 3, these programs that are supposed to help you with detecting corrupt mods/CC usually don't help at all or even cause other problems.

I doubt this is going to be much different in The Sims 4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 09:13

Yes, mark this one "solved" Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 14:33

QuickKeyzz wrote:Yes, mark this one "solved" Very Happy

Thanks for letting us know! Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, don't doubt to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top