Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to the Gallery. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Access to the Gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Access to the Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 19:20

Hiya all,

I've got a question. Since when you download the Sims 4 from games4theworld you don't have access to the Sims 4 galery. If I just buy the Sims 4 basegame and add all the expantions trough games4theworld, would I than be able to access the Galery? Or is there a diffrent way to access the galery with a games4theworld version of the Sims 4.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Access to the Gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Access to the Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 04 Feb 2018, 21:06

Janneke wrote:Hiya all,

I've got a question. Since when you download the Sims 4 from games4theworld you don't have access to the Sims 4 galery. If I just buy the Sims 4 basegame and add all the expantions trough games4theworld, would I than be able to access the Galery? Or is there a diffrent way to access the galery with a games4theworld version of the Sims 4.

Thanks!

Hello @Janneke,

If you apply cracked DLC onto an Origin basegame of The Sims 4, your entire game will become "cracked", and you cannot use those online features anymore. You would have to install the games in two separate locations. Download items from the legit game, exit Origin completely, transfer the downloaded stuff, and then start up the cracked TS4. The install locations:

1) the Origin basegame under the (default) location C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

2) the cracked TS4 under the location C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4.

But that's not all...you still have to manage the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 properly, because that location is used by both legit & cracked games. If not organized properly you could experience certain issues. One way to go about it, can be found here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

The entire issue is a bit tricky, if you are not used to it, but unfortunately there is no way for cracked games anymore to access the Gallery. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 21:20

Thanks for your answer, thats sounds like too much work so Imma just keep downloading houses from the interwebs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 11:01

It's not so difficult at all.
Just use your officially bought basegame for accessing the Galery only. Never save a game opened with Origin, just close it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Feb 2018, 12:17

Tarac wrote:It's not so difficult at all.
Just use your officially bought basegame for accessing the Galery only. Never save a game opened with Origin, just close it.

For someone who suggests we should abandon the name Ultimate Fix "because it will confuse people", it's a bit interesting that you now assume that the average (G4TW) user will be able to do this, without error.

That solution by the way still creates a folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, with a GameVersion.txt on the patch version of the Origin-game, even if you don't save the game...which can lead to further conflict if the cracked game is on a different patch level, and the folder and/or files are not managed properly. 

Unless you meant to say this should be used in combination with the "Default.ini method", then it should work, yes.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Feb 2018, 12:26

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Tarac wrote:It's not so difficult at all.

For someone who suggests we should abandon the name Ultimate Fix "because it will confuse people", it's a bit interesting that you now assume that the average (G4TW) user will be able to do this, without error.

That solution by the way still creates a folder under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, with a GameVersion.txt on the patch version of the Origin-game, even if you don't save the game...which can lead to further conflict if the cracked game is on a different patch level, and the folder and/or files are not managed properly. 

Unless you meant to say this should be used in combination with the "Default.ini method", then it should work, yes.
In my opnion the "average G4TW user" will not be confused by a statement to use the original game for access to the gallery only and never to save an original gamesession.
And yes, maybe I also had to say that Origin must not be active on the computer when you start a "cracked" game.
Now adays the time-span between genuine updates and cracked updates no longer requires the default.ini method.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 05 Feb 2018, 12:32

Tarac wrote:In my opnion the "average G4TW user" will not be confused by a statement to use the original game for access to the gallery only and never to save an original gamesession.
And yes, maybe I also had to say that Origin must not be active on the computer when you start a "cracked" game.
Now adays the time-span between genuine updates and cracked updates no longer requires the default.ini method.

Alright then..

Janneke wrote:Thanks for your answer, thats sounds like too much work so Imma just keep downloading houses from the interwebs!

You can find some Gallery items here as well!
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31771-new-update-on-the-ts4-gallery-please-read-updated-on-23-11-2017

Did you have any other question for the moment @Janneke, or can we mark the topic as "solved"?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Feb 2018, 07:18

Hello everyone! I would like to know how to transfer the downloaded content over is there a folder I just copy and paste from. Thank you in advance!

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Feb 2018, 19:10

cadet wrote:Hello everyone! I would like to know how to transfer the downloaded content over is there a folder I just copy and paste from. Thank you in advance!

Sent from Topic'it App

Hello and welcome to the Forum @cadet,

There are two ways to go about it:

1) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24078-how-to-bypass-folder-switching-between-a-legit-and-cracked-sims-4

2) https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

Personally I prefer the second one, but both methods provide an 'outline' on what can be done, to manage the content in an efficient way. Good luck; should you need more help though, please open a new topic, since this thread here is normally only for user @Janneke. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Feb 2018, 05:08

Absolutely will do thank you!😊

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Feb 2018, 18:56

cadet wrote:Absolutely will do thank you!😊

Sent from Topic'it App

Problem solved, topic closed, I suppose...

Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top