Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

origin not running problem. tried everything even resetting my computer but failed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

origin not running problem. tried everything even resetting my computer but failed  Empty origin not running problem. tried everything even resetting my computer but failed

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 03:54

....2 days..over 8 hours on this problem...
i searched  through all forums and websites trying every solution i could find, yet it was all in vain
my problem is with the message
"origin is currently not running....."
even thought i have it running. 
i am tried everything that i could find. 
Deleting and reinstalling (about 6 times) (both origin and sims 4)
i have tried different versions of the sims 4
disable my firewall and allowed access to the programs
-my anti-virus is expired thus its not a issue with programs (i have mcafee) 
anyways...i have even when to the extreme of wiping out my entire hard drive and resetting my computer (keep in mind, i have transferred all my important documents and stuff to a USB drive)
i have followed all the steps that came with the ultimate fix. installing it is not a problem, the problem comes when i try to play it. 
i dont know what else to put, except that i really want to play the game again.. but i dont have money since i am a minor and my parents decline to buy me games. if you need more information just ask, i will give it to you

thanks...please help...

Back to top Go down

origin not running problem. tried everything even resetting my computer but failed  Empty Re: origin not running problem. tried everything even resetting my computer but failed

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 03:58

mix1199 wrote:....2 days..over 8 hours on this problem...
i searched  through all forums and websites trying every solution i could find, yet it was all in vain
my problem is with the message
"origin is currently not running....."
even thought i have it running. 
i am tried everything that i could find. 
Deleting and reinstalling (about 6 times) (both origin and sims 4)
i have tried different versions of the sims 4
disable my firewall and allowed access to the programs
-my anti-virus is expired thus its not a issue with programs (i have mcafee) 
anyways...i have even when to the extreme of wiping out my entire hard drive and resetting my computer (keep in mind, i have transferred all my important documents and stuff to a USB drive)
i have followed all the steps that came with the ultimate fix. installing it is not a problem, the problem comes when i try to play it. 
i dont know what else to put, except that i really want to play the game again.. but i dont have money since i am a minor and my parents decline to buy me games. if you need more information just ask, i will give it to you

thanks...please help...
that is the same thing i have done and the same error i have gotten when i try to play i even go into the file and try the application from there and still get the origin error.

Back to top Go down

origin not running problem. tried everything even resetting my computer but failed  Empty Re: origin not running problem. tried everything even resetting my computer but failed

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 04:04

even playing it from a different computer has deemed the same results. 
Also, installing it and playing it from a usb drive also failed....man this is making me more depressed that angry

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 22 Aug 2015, 01:22

mix1199 wrote:even playing it from a different computer has deemed the same results. 
Also, installing it and playing it from a usb drive also failed....man this is making me more depressed that angry

It could be that when your downloaded the game for the first time, the files got damaged by any anti-virus system. Make sure to turn off all your anti-virus systems and Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials BEFORE downloading anything.

Because re-installing a damaged download on another computer isn't going to solve the problem. In the worst case, consider re-downloading the whole thing, but this time, as I said, make sure to properly configure all your "security"-software. See this guide for an introduction:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And @mystichaze, please keep your issues in ONE topic only, instead of posting all around the place. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 16:12

Carlos wrote:
mix1199 wrote:even playing it from a different computer has deemed the same results. 

It could be that when your downloaded the game for the first time, the files got damaged by any anti-virus system. Make sure to turn off all your anti-virus systems and Windows Defender/Microsoft Security Essentials BEFORE downloading anything.

Because re-installing a damaged download on another computer isn't going to solve the problem. In the worst case, consider re-downloading the whole thing, but this time, as I said, make sure to properly configure all your "security"-software. See this guide for an introduction:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And @mystichaze, please keep your issues in ONE topic only, instead of posting all around the place. Smile
But my anti-virus has expired already. like i said, i use mcafee but the subscription has already ended thus i dont use it anymore. I have already tried reinstalling the game with the firewall off, and windows defender off, but i will try again. oh when i installed it in another computer, i downloaded the files from the website again, a fresh download, but still gave me the same error. maybe its my network? i dont know, anyways. i will go check if all my anti-viruses systems are offline and reinstall it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 16:37

What do you do if you get this error on a Mac?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 17:47

Well, i have tried re-downloading all the files and installing the game again with all my anti-viruses turned off and my windows firewall and defender turned off. yet i still get the same message that origin is not running.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Aug 2015, 00:03

mix1199 wrote:Well, i have tried re-downloading all the files and installing the game again with all my anti-viruses turned off and my windows firewall and defender turned off. yet i still get the same message that origin is not running.

Sorry, but I'm out of explanations then. There may still be something on your computer that the crack "doesn't like". Did you install anything else on your computer, after "wiping it" ? Many computers come with a factory-provided "installation CD/DVD", that usually contains all kinds of unnecessary bloatware. If that's the case, it may be responsible for the game not working.

But in the end, it's hard to tell what causes the error, in individual systems. Usually, a fresh Windows install works out, but I'm not sure here. Sorry that I can't really help you further. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 03:16

Carlos wrote:
mix1199 wrote:Well, i have tried re-downloading all the files and installing the game again with all my anti-viruses turned off and my windows firewall and defender turned off. yet i still get the same message that origin is not running.

Sorry, but I'm out of explanations then. There may still be something on your computer that the crack "doesn't like". Did you install anything else on your computer, after "wiping it" ? Many computers come with a factory-provided "installation CD/DVD", that usually contains all kinds of unnecessary bloatware. If that's the case, it may be responsible for the game not working.

But in the end, it's hard to tell what causes the error, in individual systems. Usually, a fresh Windows install works out, but I'm not sure here. Sorry that I can't really help you further. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

After i cleaned the hard drive, i only installed chrome and utorrent for the files. nothing else. Oh, and i forgot to mention, i was able to run the sims 4 before, like 6 months ago but i deleted it. So, i was able to play it at some point. Maybe its something in my network?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 03:42

i have fixed it!!! i simply just deleted origin in the details tab in task manager....simple as that.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top