Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin is not running problem! Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is not running problem! Help! Empty Origin is not running problem! Help!

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 12:33

Hello,

I'm a big Sims 4 lover and so I downloaded the Sims 4 from this website. I got all the other game packs and expansion (Luxury Party, Go to Work, Outdoor, Etc) and all was working fine until the latest update (Kitchen Stuff, etc) came out. Of course, I needed to have it but to my dismay found that the link to download was in parts. One part took at least 2-7 hours. I found the torrent link which took at least 1 hour and 30 minutes from which I downloaded from mediafire. 

I applied the fix and all that but when I tried to play it said Origin is not Running and shuts off again. I have heard you need to disable your anti virus program but I couldn't find any anti virus installed on my computer. They also said something about adding program files to Firewall but I didn't really know which folders so I just added the The Sims 4 program to it. I also added Google Chrome. 

It still didn't work so I uninstalled Origin, uninstalled the Sims 4 and started all over again. It still didn't work. Some people say it might be because the fix was the reloaded version and the base game was from Games4theworld. I don't know what to believe in anymore if it doesn't work. I need a answer please. (Sorry if this is not the right forum to post it but I'm really desperate)

Back to top Go down

Origin is not running problem! Help! Empty Re: Origin is not running problem! Help!

Post by Guest Fri 04 Sep 2015, 20:24

It's okay your not alone on this lol...I been checking this forum since I started joining days ago and I have same problem as you and so others, some fixed some don't..so I dunno..and everytime someone posted same problem I check and the same solution is given...I even uninstall my Avast premier and my games, all downloads needed to run the sims 4, then install it again after my avast premier uninstall still didn't work.
I did move  my sims 4 from program file(x86)electronic arts-sims 4 to program files(x86) The sims 4 still no luck. I did both, no move and with move..both don't work...no anti virus-firewall and with anti virus but excluded..no luck..so I dunno what is going on. I am waiting for new fix because the recent one is just temporary and hopefully that will work. I did play sims 3 before and I downloaded some pack from this website like 2 yrs ago and I had no problem...its still same process ..so I dunno why this time dnt work.

Back to top Go down

Origin is not running problem! Help! Empty Re: Origin is not running problem! Help!

Post by Sim Architect Fri 04 Sep 2015, 23:10

Hi there! Are you following the instructions from the VIDEO below or the PDF contained in the file/torrent, (which is outdated)?

Please take a look at the video and remember to do each step carefully, specially on handling the anti virus BEFORE you even start downloading, if possible (or, if you do it after, check your anti virus history for quarantined or deleted items and try to restore them, or download the RldOrigin.dll torrent also linked in my video and try reapplying to see if it works for you).

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 08:08

Thanks for the replies, like Whiz2015 I might wait for the permanent fix because I don't bother failing again. For Sim Architects reply, thank you but I have no idea what to do because I don't have an antivirus protection program. I also don't get this on what you said on your Youtube Video Description:

Please, BEFORE you even unrar the files you downloaded, exclude the following folders at your anti-virus real-time protection (create the folders if you do not have them already):

1. The folder where you are extracting the RAR files to;
2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4;
3. C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

So this didn't help me at all considering I told you my problem around 3 times (no antivirus program).

Thanks for replying guys, I guess I'm just going to have to be patient and wait for the fix unless someone has another idea.

Au Revoir!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 08:07

Try moving the entire Sims 4 folder to Program(x86)\Origin Games. It worked for me. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Sep 2015, 13:19

hi! i'm unsure if you're still facing this problem. i recently had the same problem with my win7. aside from the common anti-virus, PCs have windows defender installed as well. you might want to check if it is running in the background. if you do, i advice that you turn it off during the installation/download process as well. since sometimes during download especially torrent, the will remove the 'virus' files. and if you're brave enough, turn off the firewall as well. i turn both off and it is running well on both PCs.

And good news since there's a new fix, although it's the same version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 07:09

Sim Architect wrote:Hi there! Are you following the instructions from the VIDEO below or the PDF contained in the file/torrent, (which is outdated)?

Please take a look at the video and remember to do each step carefully, specially on handling the anti virus BEFORE you even start downloading, if possible (or, if you do it after, check your anti virus history for quarantined or deleted items and try to restore them, or download the RldOrigin.dll torrent also linked in my video and try reapplying to see if it works for you).

Tea 5 Tea 5 Tea 5

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

Well. Thanks, I have tried to install the GTW, then I add the Ultimate Fix (newest version I downloaded Nov 25 2015). It says it didn't work. I downloaded your RldOrigin.dlll  torrent with my antivirus uninstalled. Of course it also didn't work. I'm pretty sure my Windows Defender is turned off, I even tried moving the entire folder to the Origin Games as people had suggested. I really hope I get an answer soon or that the fix may be 'fixed'.   Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Nov 2015, 09:09

LunaDreams wrote:I also don't get this on what you said on your Youtube Video Description:

Please, BEFORE you even unrar the files you downloaded, exclude the following folders at your anti-virus real-time protection (create the folders if you do not have them already):

1. The folder where you are extracting the RAR files to;
2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4;
3. C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

So this didn't help me at all considering I told you my problem around 3 times (no antivirus program).

LunaDreams wrote:Well. Thanks, I have tried to install the GTW, then I add the Ultimate Fix (newest version I downloaded Nov 25 2015). It says it didn't work. I downloaded your RldOrigin.dlll  torrent with my antivirus uninstalled. Of course it also didn't work. I'm pretty sure my Windows Defender is turned off, I even tried moving the entire folder to the Origin Games as people had suggested. I really hope I get an answer soon or that the fix may be 'fixed'.   Origin is not running problem! Help! 3785306469

Welcome to the forum first of all,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are facing with the game and the fix files. You don't seem to have mentioned yet (though) what Windows operating system you have ? I'll guess you have Windows 10, and if so, your Windows Defender can be turned off, however, on the next re-boot it will be turned on automatically, which will spoil all efforts. 

A way to turn off Windows Defender completely on Windows 10 can be found here:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918-windows-defender-turn-off-windows-10-a.html

Also, from your posts I get the feeling that you're having difficulties in understanding what these issues are about. But that is still OK. The issue is indeed very complex, and there are lots of things to consider. The guide that I wrote here is super-puzzling, but it is probably the least painful way of presenting this type of information. Making a YouTube video (as Sim Architect did) wouldn't make much of a difference, as the issue is very complex. But again, there is nothing to be ashamed of, if you are having difficulties; and the community + Moderators/Helpers will do everything they can to assist people, as best as possible. Plus, there are some other smaller tips in the following thread:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Once you properly managed to turn off Windows Defender, try uninstalling TS4, and then re-installing it in the proper order:
Base game -> get to Work -> (latest) Ultimate fix.

As a last resort, you could re-install Windows, but in that case, I suggest you re-install Windows 7, and not Windows 10.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Now that the tips have been said, what I also get from your posts, however, is a sense of cynism and ungratefulness, which is not OK. Bear in mind please that the team members here are all volunteers, who spend their free time here helping people as best as they can. The fact that you are (still) having difficulties should not diminish the efforts from @Sim Architect, @Ageha and others in this thread. 

Maybe you are reacting this way because you have been trying for so long without success. Maybe you just had a bad day. Maybe I am indeed reading your posts wrong (which is very unlikely, but alright). In the end you can at least try to put a good face on the situation. EA have made a good job in making the game as tough to crack as possible. And by the way, the Ultimate fix is working just fine for me, the rest of the team, and in fact most other users. You may feel differently about this, but that's completely up to you.

But then you should also make an effort to be pragmatic, and try the fixes from RELOADED (look on the torrent networks), if you really believe that the Games4theworld version is in some way "defective". And I don't think you're going to have more success there, as Games4theworld's fix is technically the same as the one from RELOADED.

There is only so much we can do about this. I suggest you try and take it easy from here. Life goes on, with or without TS4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top