Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STILL get "origin not runnin" and I've relocated and redownloaded and reinstalled twice.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

STILL get "origin not runnin" and I've relocated and redownloaded and reinstalled twice. - Page 2 Empty STILL get "origin not runnin" and I've relocated and redownloaded and reinstalled twice.

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 07:34

First topic message reminder :

Hi All,

Before I start, I just want to thank all the techs and helpers for all their efforts and patience.

Now...I just wanted to first say what I have and what I've tried.
I have Windows 8.1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.30 GHz
           4.00 GB RAM
          64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.
I also have Avast 2015 free anti-virus.

I already had all the sims 4 and fixes updated and current before the new Ultimate fix 1.10.57.1020 came out. I followed the directions to the letter and TS4 seemed to work for a couple of days until it didn't and gave the me "Origin isn't running" error.
I then scoured the forums for the right thing to do...reading for hours. I then turned all my firewalls and anti-virus off, as the windows defender was already turned off, and tried again to relocate and add the new ultimate fix to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\ and still had no luck.
I even remembered to delete the shortcut on the desktop and made a new one every time I reapplied the ultimate fix.
I redownloaded both the ultimate fix AND The Sims 4. I ONLY use games4theworld for the sims downloads.
I tried to install it twice again doing exactly as I've said above twice, in case I missed something the first time.

I've NO idea what's going on but it seems no one that is getting it to work is telling or knowing what they did to achieve getting TS4 to run.

Please someone write a very easy step by step process of what to do and how...or something. I'm at whit's end and about to run away to the funny farm LOL Help 

Cheers  Carlos is tha man!!!

Fleurby  

Back to top Go down

STILL get "origin not runnin" and I've relocated and redownloaded and reinstalled twice. - Page 2 Empty Re: STILL get "origin not runnin" and I've relocated and redownloaded and reinstalled twice.

Post by Sim Architect Thu 27 Aug 2015, 17:16

FleurLaFleur wrote:I don't have an old version of the The Sims 4 Ultimate Fix 1.7.65.1020.
Can anyone that knows the link, please post it so I can download it?
Would really appreciate it.
Cheers
Fleur
Hi! You do not need an older version of the fix, you can play with the latest with no problems as long you follow the instructions in the video. Smile

You can find the fix in this topic (both, the new one, which you do not need, since it is the same as the torrent you downloaded, and the old one you requested, fix only): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix#

Happy simming!

Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Back to top Go down

STILL get "origin not runnin" and I've relocated and redownloaded and reinstalled twice. - Page 2 Empty Re: STILL get "origin not runnin" and I've relocated and redownloaded and reinstalled twice.

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 02:01

Thanks Sims Architect...I found the "Back To Work" fix thanx to you.
I tried it and it didn't work but I've written all that I did in a notepad, which is very long, and I still couldn't get it to work.
I will be using the roll back feature on my laptop in windows as a last resort. Facepalm  Crying or Very sad

Help
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 20:39

Hello, I just wanted to say that I was having this problem too, however, I saw someone who said that installing the Origin Client might help, so I went ahead and tried it, and sure enough it worked! So if you haven't already tried installing the Origin Client than maybe you should try it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 03:46

FleurLaFleur wrote:Thanks Sims Architect...I found the "Back To Work" fix thanx to you.
I tried it and it didn't work but I've written all that I did in a notepad, which is very long, and I still couldn't get it to work.
I will be using the roll back feature on my laptop in windows as a last resort. Facepalm  Crying or Very sad

Help
Fleur
Sorry to hear you are still facing problems. I wish there was a better way for me to help you.

Tea 5 Tea 5

McCloud wrote:Hello, I just wanted to say that I was having this problem too, however, I saw someone who said that installing the Origin Client might help, so I went ahead and tried it, and sure enough it worked! So if you haven't already tried installing the Origin Client than maybe you should try it.
Thanks! I think I heard same thing a couple of times, combined with running the game as administrator directly on its folder. One thing I noticed, with Google Chrome (which is not working at Windows 10525 right now) is that no matter what I change in its shortcut, it will only run if I right click the icon and select "Run as Administrator", even though I set it to run as administrator at the compatibility tab. Crazy, right?

Tea 4 Tea 4

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Aug 2015, 07:05

Thank you for the video all working now

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 07:18

simsrus999 wrote:Thank you for the video all working now
Thanks!

You are welcome to share it with your friends (both the video and the forum link), so they can enjoy some free love too!

Let's have some tea and relax now!

Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Sep 2015, 08:29

Hi Again,
  Thank you for all the tips and help.
I guess there is something I am not doing that everyone else, that gets it working, is.
I've been ill so I haven't been able to try it again, but as soon as I feel 100%, I will try it again.

Cheers
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Sep 2015, 21:34

Greetings, guys and grills. 
I decided to make an account here, because I spent hours to make it work with no results. My computer seems to be complicated and stubborn guy who really doesn't like Spa. Some explaination will be needed first. So I apologize for writing a long post in advance. If anyone reads it and tries to help - thank you very much in advance.

First of all, I am a perfectionist. And I tried every possible solution. Slowly and carefully. Normal Sims worked for me. Get to Work did a good job as well. It's seems that Spa - which I want the most, because I am a huge yoga fan - is 'giving' the error. Which is - as in the title of this topic - 'Origin not running'. 
What did I do?
- First I got my stuff from Skidrow reloaded. Tried to follow instruction and plenty of guides/solutions in the comment section there. Nothing worked for me. I tried disabling antivir before downloading game. Adding exceptions before downloading. Disabling defender, firewall and all other stuff + adding exceptions. 
- I am using Malwarebytes program. My firewall and defender are always off by default.
- I was told to get other system than Vista. Sadly, I cannot do it right now. But again, there are people with Vista who are able to run the game, so that shouldn't be the problem.
- Then I downloaded FitGirl repack, same story. Comments on the torrent haven't helped too. Somebody told me to paste Sims 4 folder to desktop. You know how it ended. Same error. Other person told me to download Origin and log in/run it offline. Again, no change.
- And the last step I did. I followed last Architect video slowly, downloaded stuff from the links he provided (by the way, thank you mr. Architect for making such detailed video) made every step very carefully to make sure I haven't skipped anything. Also, I read plenty of topics here. Again. Same error. 
Should I give up and wait till there's some new expansion? It's hard to give up after making so much effort. Maybe there is a way.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top