Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to uninstall purchased Sims 4 and install G4TW version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to uninstall purchased Sims 4 and install G4TW version Empty Trying to uninstall purchased Sims 4 and install G4TW version

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 04:05

Hi, I have spent the last 6 hours installing and uninstalling - I think I am most likely missing a step. At first I uninstalled my purchased version of Sims 4 - I have the premium edition. I at first did not uninstall Origin but instead left it. No matter what I did I still get the same error when I try to run the G4TW version

Unable to start
The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of the Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update yor game via origin to play.

I then uninstalled everything again - including origin but still the same error.

Any advice??

thank you!

Back to top Go down

Trying to uninstall purchased Sims 4 and install G4TW version Empty Re: Trying to uninstall purchased Sims 4 and install G4TW version

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 04:16

Hi there, @kyrastar22, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

There's no need to uninstall Origin for our version to work. Even then, you could have used the purchased version you had and just apply the Ultimate Fix to it. But that doesn't matter now.

Are you sure you have updated the game to the latest version? This error should not appear if you have the latest patch. To update it, you need to download and apply the Ultimate Fix. It can be gotten from this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20953-temporary-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-version-1-10-57-1020-out-now#

You should read the complete topic before starting. Also keep in mind that there's two alternate sources for it, the one in the main post (that is split into 5 parts), or the one from the second post, that is a torrent. This Ultimate Fix will also give you all of the DLC of the game.

Please, let us know how it goes, or if you have any more questions. Good luck!

Last edited by SeoY on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 17:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Trying to uninstall purchased Sims 4 and install G4TW version Empty Re: Trying to uninstall purchased Sims 4 and install G4TW version

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 04:20

Thank you!! I will try this tomorrow. So you are saying that I can re install my purchased version of The Sims 4 and just download the 5 part Ultimate fix and that - as long as I of course make sure my origin updates are turned off - this will work???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015, 04:40

kyrastar22 wrote:Thank you!! I will try this tomorrow. So you are saying that I can re install my purchased version of The Sims 4 and just download the 5 part Ultimate fix and that - as long as I of course make sure my origin updates are turned off - this will work???

You may need to move the installation folder from Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\ to just Program Files (x86), in other words, take it out of Origin Games. Not sure about that though.

And you don't need to disable Origin updates if you don't want. You just need to make sure that Origin is completely closed before starting the game and it should work fine.

Do let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top