Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to uninstall the Sims 4 G4TW?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to uninstall the Sims 4 G4TW? Empty How to uninstall the Sims 4 G4TW?

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jan 2018, 00:40

Hi.

So, I've previously had issues with my Sims 4 G4TW, so I've decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. However, when I tried to uninstall it through windows (I'm not sure what it's called, but I went to control panel, found Sims 4 in the programs and applications and hit uninstall) it didn't uninstall anything. The game would still open and it was still in program files (x86). 

How do I uninstall it properly?

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

How to uninstall the Sims 4 G4TW? Empty Re: How to uninstall the Sims 4 G4TW?

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:16

When you've uninstalled the Sims 4 via Control Panel, the registry-entries for the Sims 4 were removed.
As however the Sims 4 runs fine wthout the registry, just remove the Sims 4 folder from program Files (x86) after removal with Control Panel.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:27

Pixelia wrote:Hi.

So, I've previously had issues with my Sims 4 G4TW, so I've decided to uninstall it and reinstall it. However, when I tried to uninstall it through windows (I'm not sure what it's called, but I went to control panel, found Sims 4 in the programs and applications and hit uninstall) it didn't uninstall anything. The game would still open and it was still in program files (x86). 

How do I uninstall it properly?

Thanks Smile

Hello @Pixelia,

What @Tarac said before. A lot of the more 'modern' PC games can be uninstalled by simply deleting their installation folder. In the case of Sims 4 though, if you have a big-enough external drive or something similar, try backing up (moving) your Sims 4 installation onto that portable drive, instead of deleting it completely. Should you reconsider at a later point you won't have to re-download everything.

Should you decide later on that you want the game back, you should be able to play from the external drive (in theory), or you can just move it back on C:

The first time you re-start that game after "re-installing", make sure to run the game as Administrator.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top