Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation Help [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation Help [SOLVED] Empty Installation Help [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 17:38

Hi, I would just like to clarify a few things.

If I downloaded a fresh copy of the game, can I apply the latest fix straight away or do I have to apply the previous one first.

Also, I don't understand the step where you have to move the entire Sims 4 folder out of the originally installed folder under Electronic Arts (Step 2 in the instructions). 

Do I have to move it back after copying the files? 

Thank you for the help Smile

Update: I solved the problem by moving the folder as per the instructions. Don't need Origin at all Smile

Last edited by SeoY on Thu 27 Aug 2015, 13:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved Problem)

Back to top Go down

Installation Help [SOLVED] Empty Re: Installation Help [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 17:45

Hi there, @renarzio, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Our Ultimate Fix is cumulative, so you can just apply the latest one and it will contain all the previous ones, including all of the DLC.

And no, there's no need to move it back to where it was. Just take it out of Electronic Arts, add this new location to the Exceptions list of your antivirus, and apply the Ultimate Fix there if you haven't already. You can launch the game from this new location now.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 18:04

SeoY wrote:Hi there, @renarzio, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Our Ultimate Fix is cumulative, so you can just apply the latest one and it will contain all the previous ones, including all of the DLC.

And no, there's no need to move it back to where it was. Just take it out of Electronic Arts, add this new location to the Exceptions list of your antivirus, and apply the Ultimate Fix there if you haven't already. You can launch the game from this new location now.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Opps sorry. Your response is fast. I moved the folder as per the instructions and it worked !!! Thanks.

Only problem is I have not tried it with my antivirus installed. I am currently using Mcafee Internet Security and it does not seem to allow my to add the previous folder in. Let me try again since I have moved it. 

Thanks. Will update again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Aug 2015, 18:14

renarzio wrote:Opps sorry. Your response is fast. I moved the folder as per the instructions and it worked !!! Thanks.

Only problem is I have not tried it with my antivirus installed. I am currently using Mcafee Internet Security and it does not seem to allow my to add the previous folder in. Let me try again since I have moved it. 

I see. If it still doesn't let you, then you should probably think about replacing McAfee with a different antivirus. McAfee is one of the worst out there to be honest, you can get a lot better for free.

Take your time, and let us know any updates on the matter! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 10:05

SeoY wrote:
renarzio wrote:Opps sorry. Your response is fast. I moved the folder as per the instructions and it worked !!! Thanks.

I see. If it still doesn't let you, then you should probably think about replacing McAfee with a different antivirus. McAfee is one of the worst out there to be honest, you can get a lot better for free.

Take your time, and let us know any updates on the matter! Very Happy

Hey, just an update:
I am able to run and play the game even with Mcafee Internet Security installed even though it did not allow me to exclude the folders in the exception list (apparently the Sims is critical to running of my laptop). Not sure what will happen once I do a full scan though. Don't think anything will change Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Aug 2015, 13:03

renarzio wrote:Hey, just an update:
I am able to run and play the game even with Mcafee Internet Security installed even though it did not allow me to exclude the folders in the exception list (apparently the Sims is critical to running of my laptop). Not sure what will happen once I do a full scan though. Don't think anything will change Very Happy

That's good to hear! Very Happy

The possibility that the antivirus ends up messing up something on the installation files is still there. So, even if you can play right now, it's something that you need to keep in mind.

As your problem is solved, I'll close this topic now. If you ever need anything else, be sure to come back and let us know. Have fun! I tip my fedora.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top