Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Error for Windows 10... followed the video's instructions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Error for Windows 10... followed the video's instructions. Empty Origin Error for Windows 10... followed the video's instructions.

Post by Guest Fri 11 Sep 2015, 02:25

So I had this error after updating from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I had completely reset my computer and decided to upgrade since I had the chance.
After looking around, I found The Sim Architect's video on how to properly install the update so you don't get the error.

I followed these steps through. I checked and I only have Windows Defender on my Windows 10... and I looked in my C drive and found the dll still in the Bin folder, but it keeps saying I need origin? I've excluded all the files on there and I don't have any other anti-virus.

I completely removed all of my Sims stuff and I redownloaded the torrents for this and it still doesn't work. I don't have origin installed either. I even disabled the damn Windows Defender the third time I tried this. I went to regedit and there's nothing related to the sims there, either, so nothing to remove.

I've done everything. Tried it with and without origin, tried it with Windows Defender on and off completely, I've excluded all the folders that come in contact with the Sims... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Back to top Go down

Origin Error for Windows 10... followed the video's instructions. Empty Re: Origin Error for Windows 10... followed the video's instructions.

Post by Guest Fri 11 Sep 2015, 08:30

INHALES

So I figured out how to get it to work after about two weeks of trying. Not sure what I did differently, as I've done this before, but it worked this time??

Since I had the Sims 4 already installed, to remove it, what I did was I went into my C: drive and I removed the Electronics Art's folder and the Sims 4 folder I had created in the Program Files. I then opened regedit (by pressing the Windows + R key and typing in "regedit") and I:

Spoiler:

I then restarted my computer, checked my Control Panel to see if the Sims 4 was still in the programs, and it wasn't! So I went into my "Sims 4 Setup" folder on my desktop (which contained the two torrents "Sims 4" and "Sims 4 Spa Day & Kitchen", the two zips from those torrents, and the two folders that I got extracted from the zips that contained the installation files needed for each.) I deleted the folders, leaving only the zips and torrents. I then emptied my recycling bin and turned off my Firewall and made sure my "Sims 4 Setup" folder was allowed as an exception on my Windows Defender. I unzipped the files again which recreated the two folders and I installed the Sims 4. 

The rest I honestly just followed from Sim Architect's video. So I say if you get discouraged because you can't get it to work, just keep doing it!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top