Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 30 Aug 2015, 20:03

First topic message reminder :

Hi,
I'm re-downloading the Sims 4 from scratch. Do I need to apply the Ultimate Fix straight away to get the expansion packs? Or are these separate downloads also?
Thanks x

Back to top Go down

Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:14

Should I delete the game from Electronic Arts? I have been going into Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and right clicking on run as administrator but that is where I get the message saying Origin isn't running (with and without the ultimate fix installed). If I open the game through the shortcut on the desktop, the base game will work but without the expansion packs. Very confusing.

Back to top Go down

Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:19

xllmtx wrote:Should I delete the game from Electronic Arts? I have been going into Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and right clicking on run as administrator but that is where I get the message saying Origin isn't running (with and without the ultimate fix installed). If I open the game through the shortcut on the desktop, the base game will work but without the expansion packs. Very confusing.

That sounds like the shortcut is pointing to the game inside Electronic Arts. Instead of deleting it outright, rename the folder inside Electronic Arts to something completely different. Like 'Test' or names of the sort. Then, edit the shortcut in the desktop to open the game that isn't in Electronic Arts, or delete it and create a new one from the TS4.exe that is in that location you mentioned.

Also, are you sure Origin isn't running? Even in the background? You should look in the Task Manager to make sure that it isn't running. The game opening without any Expansion Packs sounds like a problem the old Ultimate Fix had when Origin was open, when Origin would remove every DLC of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:28

Thank you, I did what you said, and also exited Origin completely, and when I double clicked the new shortcut I made, it tried to start up Origin again. I currently don't have an Ultimate Fix installed as I uninstalled it to see if that was what was causing the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:40

xllmtx wrote:Thank you, I did what you said, and also exited Origin completely, and when I double clicked the new shortcut I made, it tried to start up Origin again. I currently don't have an Ultimate Fix installed as I uninstalled it to see if that was what was causing the issue.

If Origin is prompting you for user and password, then there's a problem with the crack in the copy of the game you are trying to run. Now, you should make sure that this new location (Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4) is also excluded from any security software that you have. And, after that, you'll have to apply the Ultimate Fix to copy the crack files again to the correct folder. Believe us, the Ultimate Fix isn't what is causing the issue, as without the files inside the Ultimate Fix you won't be able to play the game. Those files are the ones that simulate Origin so that the game can start without it, and actually be played.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:48

Is it possible that I may have downloaded an outdated version of the ultimate fix? As I'm sure I followed all instructions correctly. Please could you send me the correct link? The only anti virus I have is microsoft security essentials. I have windows defender turned off. In microsoft security essentials I have the following programs excluded:
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\_Installer
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Data
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Support
Thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:56

xllmtx wrote:Is it possible that I may have downloaded an outdated version of the ultimate fix? As I'm sure I followed all instructions correctly. Please could you send me the correct link? The only anti virus I have is microsoft security essentials. I have windows defender turned off. In microsoft security essentials I have the following programs excluded:
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\_Installer
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Data
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game
Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Support
Thanks again.

You can get the latest Ultimate Fix from this topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20953-temporary-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-version-1-10-57-1020-out-now
Admin is still on the process of updating the 'normal' Ultimate Fix. Until then, we have this temporary one.

Those exclusions seem to be fine. What Windows version are you using at the moment?
Also, are you sure that you don't have any other security program? Like an anti malware, or something of the sort?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 18:59

I'm using Windows 7. Is there any way I can check my computer for any other anti malware programs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Sep 2015, 21:37

xllmtx wrote:I'm using Windows 7. Is there any way I can check my computer for any other anti malware programs?

Well, you can see in Programs and Features in Control Panel what you have installed. If there's any of them that you don't know what they do, you can check online to see what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Sep 2015, 18:23

I've checked and it seems to be only microsoft security essentials. I re installed the ultimate fix, making sure all folders were excluded beforehand and got the same problem where it's trying to run Origin asking for my username and password. I really don't understand why it is doing this. I even tried to uninstall Origin but then it said I have a missing file "Origin" that needs to be downloaded.

Last edited by xllmtx on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 19:10; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 08 Sep 2015, 18:56

xllmtx wrote:I have uninstalled the ultimate fix and the sims 4 torrent from games4theworld now works. However I have none of the expansion packs. Is there any way I can get these without installing the ultimate fix? As when I did this previously I received the message that Origin is not running etc.
No, the ultimate fix is the cracked version of all the expansion packs together Smile

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Sep 2015, 19:10

I've checked and it seems to be only microsoft security essentials. I re installed the ultimate fix, making sure all folders were excluded beforehand and got the same problem where it's trying to run Origin asking for my username and password. I really don't understand why it is doing this. I even tried to uninstall Origin but then it said I have a missing file "Origin" that needs to be downloaded. I have also tried running the crack only torrent from sim architect but get this message when I visit the website:
Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED] - Page 2 WHNARhD1QB2QgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 08 Sep 2015, 19:22

xllmtx wrote:I've checked and it seems to be only microsoft security essentials. I re installed the ultimate fix, making sure all folders were excluded beforehand and got the same problem where it's trying to run Origin asking for my username and password. I really don't understand why it is doing this. I even tried to uninstall Origin but then it said I have a missing file "Origin" that needs to be downloaded. I have also tried running the crack only torrent from sim architect but get this message when I visit the website:
Re downloading Sims 4 [SOLVED] - Page 2 WHNARhD1QB2QgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Thanks for the warning! Kick Ass was not working a few min ago, but it seems to be back now. You can also use the other link from Pirate Bay Smile
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Sep 2015, 19:46

Please could you send me the Pirate Bay link I can't seem to find it and Kick ass still won't work for me. This is the only thing I can think of to try and solve my issue. Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Sep 2015, 22:49

One time, when it didn't work for me it turns out even after I had uninstalled Origin, it still didn't work. It turned out Origin had a hidden folder (and file) in C:\ProgramData I deleted it and it worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 09 Sep 2015, 00:44

Sorry, but you probably missed a step in the video (all up to date links are in the video's description when you open it on YouTube) below (the PDF guide is outdated), specially something related to how you handle your anti virus (we do not provide anti-virus or operating system support, sorry), Windows Defender persists removing the crack if you do not exclude the right folders at the right time (before you even start downloading anything) as explained in the video.

If you only allow or restore the crack, the anti virus will remove it again after a while. Also, Origin has to be NOT running in the background (closing its window isn’t enough, you have to kill the origin.exe process) or, if it is, it has to be on OFF LINE mode at ALL TIMES you play.

Remember, this is a temporary fix and it may require some extra work than usual to work properly, sorry. We do not create the cracks, we just repack then and show how it is possible to run the game using them, so we’re not responsible for side effects on your computer or the game not working in some cases (even though we always try our best to help, of course).

Thanks!

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

I think we are going in circles, and the solution is just to follow the video carefully, it's long, it's boring, but it's necessary.

Happy simming!

Topic closed!

Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4
Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Sep 2015, 17:51

Hi just an update, I managed to get the game working by installing the spa day package included in the video description, previously I was just trying to run with the Sims 4 and the part 1 of the ultimate fix. My partner sat with me and helped me with the video (which he was very impressed with lol) thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Sep 2015, 18:31

xllmtx wrote:Hi just an update, I managed to get the game working by installing the spa day package included in the video description, previously I was just trying to run with the Sims 4 and the part 1 of the ultimate fix. My partner sat with me and helped me with the video (which he was very impressed with lol) thanks so much!

Glad that you were able to get it to work! Thanks for telling us how you fixed it.

Problem solved, topic closed. Should you ever need anything else, be sure to let us know. Have fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top