Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 06:44

Hello! First of all I want to thank you because you were the only ones able to help me when I wanted to download "The Sims 4" and now is working just fine.Hail King Tea! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure I understand how am I supposed to ask questions so I apologize in advance. (Sorry if I make any spelling mistake as well).

"The Sims 4" work perfectly. But now I want to download "Sims 4 ULTIMATE FIX" latest update AND "Sims 4 Get to Work". I tried to download it but I ran into several problems. I will attach photos showing the files I have saved. Maybe this way you can help me find a solution to my problem. I'm new here.

I have followed every single instruction you gave me. I've already selected those files in the antivirus advanced setup. I have copied the folders found in sims get to work and also in sims fix and I´ve paste them in Sims 4 folder that is found in program files... I have separated the sims 4 folder from electronic arts. 
On other hand, I do not find "vcredist_x64.exe", I just have "vcredist_x86.exe".
In other point, both in Sims 4 Get to Work and in Sims Fix there´s a step where I have to Copy and replace some folders. But I cant replace folders that aren´t in The Sims 4 at all. I am only able to copy them. 

Thank you so much for your patience!! Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime  

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Dec 2015, 15:43

isabella wrote:In other point, both in Sims 4 Get to Work and in Sims Fix there´s a step where I have to Copy and replace some folders. But I cant replace folders that aren´t in The Sims 4 at all. I am only able to copy them. 

Thank you so much for your patience!! Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime Hammertime  

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I underlined a sentence in your quote. Smile  This is where I got lost. So...you installed the base game of Sims 4 already, right ? And you moved it OUT of "Electronic Arts" too, right ? So that the new location of the game is C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4.

About "Get to Work", it seems from your screenshots that you extracted the contents in the .RAR download. You must copy those Get to Work-files, into your Sims 4 install location. Again, the location should be C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4. When you get any "warning" by Windows, please ignore the warning, and copy the files. When you are asked what to do later on, please select "replace all existing files".

Once you managed to do this, with the "Get to Work" files, repeat the same with the latest Ultimate fix. In principle it's the same as with Get to Work. 

I'm not sure what else to say at this point, so I'll leave it at that for now. Good luck, and see if you can make anything useful out of it. Very Happy  If not, post back here and we'll see what to do next.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 18:55

Heyy Carlos!! Thanks for your answer   I tip my fedora.

I have more info that may be related to our problem here...  cyclops

Ok so.. I moved out "The Sims 4" of "Electronic Arts" but everytime I want to play it again it starts all over (the game) and when I go check the files.... I find another folder of The sims 4 in Electronic Arts...I´m sure its a stupid question, but maybe its worth giving it a try.

On the other hand... I will try to attach a screenshot of the content of the folder "The sims 4" without any changes (I mean without copy paste or anything). Maybe you can tell me if something is missing.
What I was trying to say before is that in that folder there isn´t any folder called _Installer or Data, so when I try to copy and replace the folders in Sims Get to Work to The Sims 4 I can only copy, not replace them.

THANK YOUUUU, I appreciate your help Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 21 Dec 2015, 17:38

isabella wrote:Heyy Carlos!! Thanks for your answer   I tip my fedora.

I have more info that may be related to our problem here...  cyclops

Ok so.. I moved out "The Sims 4" of "Electronic Arts" but everytime I want to play it again it starts all over (the game) and when I go check the files.... I find another folder of The sims 4 in Electronic Arts...I´m sure its a stupid question, but maybe its worth giving it a try.

On the other hand... I will try to attach a screenshot of the content of the folder "The sims 4" without any changes (I mean without copy paste or anything). Maybe you can tell me if something is missing.
What I was trying to say before is that in that folder there isn´t any folder called _Installer or Data, so when I try to copy and replace the folders in Sims Get to Work to The Sims 4 I can only copy, not replace them.

THANK YOUUUU, I appreciate your help Carlos is tha man!!!

I'm really sorry for the late reply,

But you are not looking at the right folder. Smile  Please go inside "Disco local C:". Then under "Archivos de programas(x86)"\Electronic Arts. And inside THERE, you can find another folder named "The Sims 4". That's the one you need.

Go look at it. Very Happy

P.S. for the future, if someone doesn't reply to you, feel free to send a Moderator a private message with a link to your issue. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Feb 2016, 04:30

Thank you so much for helping, Carlos. That worked and i'm back up and running!! You saved me from doing something drastic like errasing everything, or something like that. 
I really appreciate your help and patience. 

You are a master, Carlos!!!!   The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED] 3691941167

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 22 Feb 2016, 18:21

isabella wrote:Thank you so much for helping, Carlos. That worked and i'm back up and running!! You saved me from doing something drastic like errasing everything, or something like that. 
I really appreciate your help and patience. 

You are a master, Carlos!!!!   The Sims 4 - The Sims Get To Work - The Sims Fix, cannot install. [SOLVED] 3691941167

No need for any thanks here. Smile  If you need further support in the future, feel free to open a new topic on the forum, as I will close this one now. Always make sure to read the included instructions in our releases properly ! Because the original mistake you made (copying the files to Documentos\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4), is a very common error.

You always need to copy the files into C:\Archivos de programas\The Sims 4. 

Good luck, and have fun with the game !  Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top