Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 not saving where it should be saving

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 not saving where it should be saving Empty Sims 4 not saving where it should be saving

Post by Guest Sun 13 Sep 2015, 18:01

Hello everyone! I'm new and I hope I posted in the right section.
My problem is:
I've got a new PC, installed all TS4 stuff correctly, and the game runs fine. To make the game run I had to move "The Sims 4" out of "Electronic Arts" folder.
I wanted to move my saves from my old PC to the new PC, so i copied them to a USB drive. When I wanted to transfer them into the new PC, there is NOT an "Electronic Arts/The Sims 4" inside documents folder. I tried "saving as" in game, and still no saves folder inside documents. Oddly enough, even after restarting the PC, the game can load the saves (those made when the game saved to other location other than "Electronic Arts/Sims 4").
What did I just say is: If I save a game, i can load it, even after restarting the pc, BUT THERE IS NO "C:/Users/MYUSERNAME/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4" folder, and yes, i can load savegames, but WHERE ARE THE SAVEGAMES LOCATED?
Sorry for bad emglish, i tried to explain as best as I can,
Any help? Smile Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 not saving where it should be saving Empty Re: Sims 4 not saving where it should be saving

Post by Sim Architect Thu 05 Nov 2015, 18:37

Hi! Right click your Documents folder and see where the "Default Save Location" is set to. You will find the destination there.

Please, keep us posted if you need further assistance, sorry for my belated reply!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male