Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 19:51

I get the Origin Error. I don't have Origin installed. I have tried everything. I have been working on it for days. I don't consider myself a computer Whiz. Please excuse any errors and I apologize if my problem has been solved previously. I have searched through the forums and have yet to find a solution to my problem. 

First things first. I have reset my computer to factory settings after failing the installation several times previously. All of my personal files are gone from this laptop. I'm running on Windows 8. I turned off Norton and Windows Defender before I even downloaded the files. I made exceptions before I extracted anything. It is not working.  A user in another thread suggested deleting the Electronic Arts from the registry then restoring it. I did this and it didn't work. So I reinstalled everything again and started over. Now Electronic Arts doesn't appear in the registry.My computer shows that the RldOrigin.dll is in place in the game/bin. The Obfuscator.XZ file is missing. I followed EVERY single step for the torrent files exactly as shown.
I can provide screenshots of my computer screen/specs/whatever is necessary. What is wrong with it? Some one please help me. What should I do? Everytime I had similar problems in the past (previous Sim games/EPs) it would all work out but now it feels like I am fighting a losing battle. The Sims 4 is really giving me a hard time. Is it just something small that I am missing. Is it the missing Obfuscator.XZ file? If so how do I retrieve it or fix it? I tried directly adding the file as an exception but it doesn't exist on my computer so Why. Why God. Norton won't make the exception.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2015, 20:31

Sup dude, i had the same issue, this is how i solved it.

STEP 1. Disable your anti-virus protection!! This must be done before anything else. DISABLE IT EVERYTIME YOU WANT TO PLAY!

My anti-virus does not allow me to exempt files from being scanned, and if i do not disable it prior to firing up the game i get the same error code.

*Important* once you get this error, you basically have to repeat steps 2-3 all over again. Try to remember to diable your anti-virus everytime. 

STEP 1.5: Make sure you have moved your sims4 folder out of Ea games on your c:drive. I just moved it up, making it it's own folder on my c:drive.

STEP 2:

I'm at work right now so i can't check, but in the install instructions located in the most recent ULTIMATE FIX you should have downloaded, it says something about locating two different files located in i believe c:/sims4/game/bin/v6 or something. Double click these files and install them.

STEP 3: 

Re-copy/extract the ultimate fix into your sims 4 folder again as you did the first time. Im no computer wiz, but i believe this puts fresh, unflagged by your virus protection copies on the file into your game. Make sure you REPLACE the files and give permission to do whatever it needs to, if your computer asks (which it should).

Hopefully you did step one and 1.5. Your game should now work. Cross your fingers haha.

Back to top Go down

Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start. Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 16 Sep 2015, 02:52

Thank you so much! The solution was so simple. I was so shocked and relieved when it began working! I have played every generation of The Sims and I am so happy to continue playing.  Hail King Tea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:21

Great it works now! Sometimes your anti virus will not follow your orders and you will miss the crack (and have to replace it manually, sorry). It happened to me 3x this week, and I don't even have the game installed (just by torrenting).

Excluding the folder is always better than suspending the anti virus protection, since your anti virus may remove the crack while you are doing something else (as it happened to me three times this week so far) Sad

Problem solved, topic closed. Happy simming! You're welcome to open another topic in case you face any further issue Smile

Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top