Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Start: Origin Not Running. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Start: Origin Not Running. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to Start: Origin Not Running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 17:22

Hey,

I know. I know. This topic is as old as time. But I've been playing Sims 4 for some time now, I had a legit base game and the pirated Expansion packs. The other day I decided to forgo the pirated version, and just buy the legit expansion packs. I installed everything, and despite playing for months without problem before the legit expansion packs, the "Unable To Start: Origin Not Running" started to pop up. I uninstalled, reinstalled the games, I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, I deleted the AppData Local/Roaming locations etc...and it didn't work. I was never able to Install Origin through the OriginThinSetup.exe, because it would never open when I pressed on it (The Origin Tech Help said that's probably because I'm running Vista). I had to install from the OriginUpdate_9_4_11_2806.zip found on another website. Basically, I gave up and returned my items for a refund, since it wasn't working.

So NOW, I decided to go back to the versions on this website. I downloaded and Installed from here the Sims 4 Base Game, Get To Work & Get Together Expansion packs, and the Hotfix....and it's giving me the exact same error!!!! I followed all the instructions, I moved The Sims 4 folder from the Electronic Arts folder, I don't have anti-virus software on my computer and Windows Defender isn't enabled. I uninstalled Origin as well.

I'm just lost as to what I'm doing wrong. Am I reading the instructions wrong, was I supposed to also add the Ultimate Fix even though I installed the Get Together expansion? 

Any help would be appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start: Origin Not Running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Start: Origin Not Running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 17:37

Summary of the above:
No Origin installed
No Anti-virus installed
Sims 4 not installed in Program Files - Electronic Arts
Still getting the Origin message.

How did you uninstall the previous games ?
Hopefully not by throwing the folders in the bin ?
How did you uninstall Origin ?

Usually, inspite of the mess you made of it, re-installing via Origin with your legit games is the best way.

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start: Origin Not Running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to Start: Origin Not Running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 17:50

I uninstalled the Games through Origin, and I uninstalled Origin through the Origin Uninstaller (which was included in the zip I installed Origin with).

Before I installed the Base Game through Get Together from this website, I installed the expansion packs from here with my legit base game, and it gave the same error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 18:41

Try following this guide.
To open Task Manager press CTRL+ALT+DELETE at the same time to bring up series of option, and Task Manager is one of them. Click on it. Under Processes check if Origin is running. If Origin runs click on it and select to end process.
After uninstalling be sure to restart your PC.
After uninstalling maybe Origin left some files to delete those files follow these steps:

Hold down the Windows key and press R.
Type regedit at the Run command and select OK.
Select File, then Export.
Under Export Range, select All.
Choose a location and name for the backup file, then select Save.
Remove your Origin registry keys:
From regedit, expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
Expand the SOFTWARE folder, then the Wow6432node folder.
You might see multiple Wow6432node folders; find the one with an Origin folder in it.
Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.
Expand the Microsoft folder.
Expand the Windows folder.
Expand the CurrentVersion folder.
Expand the Uninstall folder.
Remove your Origin program cache:
From the Start menu, select Computer.
Select the C: drive.
Select the ProgramData folder. 
If this folder does not appear, press Alt, select Tools > Folder Options > View, then check Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Completing the steps above should completely remove the Origin client from your system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016, 00:42

I did what you suggested above, and it's still giving the same message.

Am I supposed to add the Ultimate Fix on top of Get Together? Or is this problem have to do with having Vista?

I'm at a loss, I have no clue why it used to work and now it doesn't.

//EDIT

This can be closed.

I don't know how I did it, but I got it to finally work. It's a miracle. Thanks for the suggestions and help!!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support ! Very Happy

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top