Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 22:44

My sims 4 game worked just fine until a month ago. I've gotten this error a few times before but it could always be fixed with the ultimate fix! Now though, for some reason, as soon as I click on the sims 4 Origin automatically opens and then I get the ''Origin is not running'' error.. I tried all the 'tricks' of renaming the sims 4 folder to deleting origin cache files but nothing works. I uninstalled the game entirely and deleted all the old files before reinstalling. It still doesn't work and I don't know what to do anymore.

Ps. I'm sorry if I'm posting this in a wrong thread or something because I'm still a newbie to this forum.  Cheers and thanks in advance! I tip my fedora.

Mod edit: topic moved to the right section.

- The_ghostm4n

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2016, 23:03

LucifersKingdom wrote:My sims 4 game worked just fine until a month ago. I've gotten this error a few times before but it could always be fixed with the ultimate fix! Now though, for some reason, as soon as I click on the sims 4 Origin automatically opens and then I get the ''Origin is not running'' error.. I tried all the 'tricks' of renaming the sims 4 folder to deleting origin cache files but nothing works. I uninstalled the game entirely and deleted all the old files before reinstalling. It still doesn't work and I don't know what to do anymore.

Ps. I'm sorry if I'm posting this in a wrong thread or something because I'm still a newbie to this forum.  Cheers and thanks in advance! I tip my fedora.
This is the most misleading error you can get.
It states Origin is not running, but believe it or not, in 90% of the cases Origin IS running.
Check in the right-hand-corner of your taskbar at the ^-sign and look for the icon of Origin. If it's there, close it

Most probably when you go to Origin you have checked (the V-sign) that origin must start together with Windows on start up.
Remove that check and close origin.

Now start your game.

If the above is not the case, then your anti-virus has "killed" the file RldOrigin.dll in your Game/Bin folder.
Put this folder in the exceptions of your AV and apply a newly download Ultimate fix

Back to top Go down

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 14:32

I have checked to see if I did check the box that said origin should start up with windows but it wasn't checked. I did try putting the RldOrigin.dll on my AV's exceptions list but this is what I got [img]Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Av10[/img]

I tried putting my whole sims 4 folder from Program Files (x86) but it gives me the same message. I basically can't put any folder from The Sims 4 in my AV's exception list Wat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Dec 2016, 15:22

Hi, I registered here just to post my solution to the "Origin is not running" problem, cause all other tips/fixes I found here didn't work for me.

The reason I got this error was I told my firewall (Windows 8 Firewall Control) to disable ALL network activity. When I switched to "Enable all" or even just to "LAN only" the game starts and runs flawlessly. So if youre using a firewall ( which you should Wink ), make sure the Sims 4 executable is allowed to have (local) network activity.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Dec 2016, 20:49

LucifersKingdom wrote:I have checked to see if I did check the box that said origin should start up with windows but it wasn't checked. I did try putting the RldOrigin.dll on my AV's exceptions list but this is what I got Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] <a href=Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Av10" />

I tried putting my whole sims 4 folder from Program Files (x86) but it gives me the same message. I basically can't put any folder from The Sims 4 in my AV's exception list Wat.

Sorry for the late reply @LucifersKingdom,

Did you consider using a different anti-virus software? What you are describing doesn't sound good. If a program refuses your input, that's almost always a bad sign. I'm not entirely familiar with McAffee, maybe there is a way to bypass your error. But if you can't find a way, consider using something else. I myself am using avast, and that one works fine for me. Smile

Allanon wrote:Hi, I registered here just to post my solution to the "Origin is not running" problem, cause all other tips/fixes I found here didn't work for me.

The reason I got this error was I told my firewall (Windows 8 Firewall Control) to disable ALL network activity. When I switched to "Enable all" or even just to "LAN only" the game starts and runs flawlessly. So if youre using a firewall ( which you should Wink ), make sure the Sims 4 executable is allowed to have (local) network activity.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @Allanon,

Thanks for sharing this! Indeed, it can be relevant. I think, I did actually address the issue in the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

Maybe I should edit the topic title, since some users overlook this. I remember back then, you actually more or less had to allow the executable to connect through the firewall (to the internet), otherwise the game wouldn't work. As of more recently, something must have been changed about the crack, for me at leat it doesn't matter anymore if I block or allow the exectuables. The game works either way for me. That said, the entire thing may also depend on the setup of antivirus/security software of individual users, so blocking the executable can still be a thing to try.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Dec 2016, 21:21

I have to admit I only tested this with RELOADED and RIDDICKS release (1.20.60.1020)

Die Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Edition ReRelease Incl. Update 14 MULTi2 - x.X.RIDDICK.X.x

So maybe your "Ultimate Fix" is doing the trick for you, which I haven't tried yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Dec 2016, 00:30

Allanon wrote:I have to admit I only tested this with RELOADED and RIDDICKS release (1.20.60.1020)

Die Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Edition ReRelease Incl. Update 14 MULTi2 - x.X.RIDDICK.X.x

So maybe your "Ultimate Fix" is doing the trick for you, which I haven't tried yet.

Could be, but that is rather unlikely; all currently-circulating TS4 releases should be technically identical. In the end, the most important thing is you are able to get your game running! There seem to be many things we do not know (yet) about this crack, and who knows if we ever will know more.

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Dec 2016, 00:58

True, never experienced such problems before with any game. Sims 4 seems literally a tough nut to crack lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 19:52

Allanon wrote:Hi, I registered here just to post my solution to the "Origin is not running" problem, cause all other tips/fixes I found here didn't work for me.

Can you tell me how you did it because I can't find anywhere where I can enable or disable network activity. I've disabled my antivirus so it shouldn't be the problem. I've also re-downloaded and reapplied ultimate fix but it still gives me the error. Tell me how to work the windows firewall control magic? thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 20:16

Well, Windows Firewall Control is a small frontend for the inbuilt Windows Firewall, which I bought from on the Sphinx-Soft homepage. Just google "Firewall Control" and you should find it pretty easy.

One of the main advantages of WFC is that you don't slow down your PC with additional (bloated) software firewalls and it works pretty much like the personal ones, e.g. Popups in case of new detected network activity and so on...

So when Sims 4 tries to communicate, I can apply a ruleset for that .exe file - "enable all" or "disable all" for example. Well, "enable all" does not sound well for a modified executable, does it? So there's another one called "LANOnly", so Sims 4 can do its TCP/IP/UDP stuff locally, but is not allowed to call anything beyond your router.

It is definitetely possible to configure your Windows Firewall manually to achieve that without using Firewall Control, but I am afraid I don't know how Wink That's why I bought that fine piece of software.

Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Dec 2016, 20:35

I'm on my old laptop (with Windows XP) now, but there is

Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> Add Program -> (add The Sims 4) -> Change scope -> My network (subnet only) -> OK -> OK.

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] 35126fea1efe4cbb98ea5986fafb6644

(I guess that should do on Win XP...?)

I can look it up later/tomorrow on my Windows 7 machine, but I would advise against buying any third-party software for the time being, even if it appears to be another working solution. The thing is, these firewall solutions tend to be rare already. Mostly, these problems are caused by security software outright destroying or quarantining the No-Origin-files.

There is an off-chance that buying additional software can solve the game problem, yes. And I guess an off chance is still better than no chance. But as long as there is another possible way (without spending money), that should be preferred. Smile

Edit: I'm sure there is such an option as above, for Windows 7, 8 and 10 as well. It will probably be named differently, but it will almost certainly be there. It could nonetheless also be an interesting lead to follow (again); I was of the opinion that the firewall 'technicalities' didn't matter that much anymore, maybe I was mistaken? 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2016, 23:24

I've come as far as being able to add the sims 4.exe to the exceptions but I can't find the option to change networks. My computer operates on windows 10 and my sims 4 game started crashing after my system/windows updated. That's why I'm kind of hoping that this is the solution..

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Av11

>Allow an app or feature through windows firewall > Allow another app > The Sims 4.. this is the closest that looked like what you did on your computer.. it's already on private network but I don't know if that's the same.

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Av12

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Dec 2016, 16:13

I haven't used Windows 10 since the beginning of this year anymore, so I'm rusty with it. But what you are looking for should be somewhere under "Advanced settings" (first screenshot, on the left).

If you happen to catch me on the Forum's chatbox at the top of the main page, feel free to log in there. I'll then try and assist you through TeamViewer (if you like, that is). Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2016, 12:17

After clicking on Advanced settings > Inbound Rules, I have no idea what any of it means. But I did find The Sims 4 (yay?) although there are 4 different ones (not yay?) I have no idea what I'm doing at this point so thank you for your help!  

Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] Av13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Dec 2016, 00:21

Problem is finally solved after a TeamViewer session! Thank you so much @The_gh0stm4n for making it possible for me to enjoy The Sims 4 again  Dedicated to Carlos  And just in time for Christmas too! Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 22 Dec 2016, 00:23

LucifersKingdom wrote:Problem is finally solved after a TeamViewer session! Thank you so much @The_gh0stm4n for making it possible for me to enjoy The Sims 4 again  Dedicated to Carlos  And just in time for Christmas too! Carlos is tha man!!!

Problem solved through TeamViewer. Smile  I only deleted/uninstalled Lavasoft's "Web companion". Have fun with the game, and stay tuned for more (possible) stuff to come. 

Carlos is tha man

Topic is closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top