Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watched Topics - 300 Topics Limit? Notifications not Arriving [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Watched Topics - 300 Topics Limit? Notifications not Arriving [SOLVED] Empty Watched Topics - 300 Topics Limit? Notifications not Arriving [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:06

Hi there!

I would just like to let you know that I found something funny that I feel is also important:  The Forum stops to add new topics "you reply to" on your "watch list" after you reach 300 of them!

Is that a hard limit or is there anything wrong that I should fix on my profile (besides unmarking old posts)? I just felt something was "off" when I stopped getting notifications, I was all like "OMG, is the Forum Dead? affraid ", then I remembered that I actually saw new stuff that should have been "notified to me", but it wasn't WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

Since I saw no post on the subject, here I am opening this topic, which can serve as a future reference (for helpers or users too?)...

Warning: TEA Warning: TEA

Last edited by Sim Architect on Sat 19 Sep 2015, 22:47; edited 1 time in total
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Watched Topics - 300 Topics Limit? Notifications not Arriving [SOLVED] Empty Re: Watched Topics - 300 Topics Limit? Notifications not Arriving [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Wed 16 Sep 2015, 19:19

Hi,

I'm not sure, as I've never used that "Watch list". But it is very well possible that there's a hard limit, as that's also the case with the post search option. You can only go "back in time" for a certain amount of posts. It's a database limit, and for as far as I know they do not plan on changing it.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Watched Topics - 300 Topics Limit? Notifications not Arriving [SOLVED] Empty Re: Watched Topics - 300 Topics Limit? Notifications not Arriving [SOLVED]

Post by Sim Architect Thu 17 Sep 2015, 23:11

Hi! Still not getting notifications Sad

I don't use that query usually, I just look at my notifications area to see what's more important/urgent (topics I already replied to, so I can follow up them before doing anything else).

Usually, when I posted or replied to a topic, like this, for example, the forum would automatically subscribe me to it, meaning I would get notifications of replies on the top right of the screen (Notifications Area), anytime someone posted in it, so I would be able to focus on the topics I am already "in" first, before having to go through the entire Forum looking for new stuff.

Since a couple of weeks ago I feel this feature stopped working, which will make it much harder to "follow posts" in the future. I will try to click "Watch this topic for replies" somewhere else to see if now we have to do it manually or if the entire functionality is broken, because it was an automatic feature before.

Thanks!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 18 Sep 2015, 23:07

Just to be sure, please check Profile > Preferences > Always notify me of replies 
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 19 Sep 2015, 01:39

Admin wrote:Just to be sure, please check Profile > Preferences > Always notify me of replies 
Thanks! I just did that to see what happens (even though it says it will send me an email instead of a regular notification). Let's hope it works and I get regular notifications on replies like before Smile

I'll keep you posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 19 Sep 2015, 10:51

Ah, of course.
How about Profile > Notifications ?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 19 Sep 2015, 11:17

Admin wrote:Just to be sure, please check Profile > Preferences > Always notify me of replies 
Thank you! This one worked like a charm!

Let's have some sleeping tea! See you tomorrow!!

Tea 4 Tea 4

Problem solved, topic (not) closed (I guess I can't close topics here, sorry, but I put the "solved" above, anyway). Even though the system mentions "email" in that preference, thanks God it DOES NOT send email, but just reestablish the notifications, which is just perfect!

Thanks a lot, Admin, you unbroke my access!!!

All hail King Tea! All hail King Tea!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top