Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destination Folder: acces denied problem. Tried the fix in this forum but it still doesn't work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Destination Folder: acces denied problem. Tried the fix in this forum but it still doesn't work Empty Destination Folder: acces denied problem. Tried the fix in this forum but it still doesn't work

Post by Guest Sat 19 Sep 2015, 19:26

Hi,
so recently I started having problems with my Sims 4. I ended up downloading and reinstalling both the base game and the ultimate fix.
However, when I tried moving the Game folder to the original installation directory, I got the "Destination Folder: access denied" error; I followed the instructions in Carlos' tutorial posted in this same forum, I edited the folder permissions, but it still doesn't let me copy the Bin folder from the fix into the original Sims 4 directory.
Any suggestions as to what to try next? Thanks a bunch.

P.S.: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19603-destination-folder-access-denied-fix - that's the thread I'm talking about.

Back to top Go down

Destination Folder: acces denied problem. Tried the fix in this forum but it still doesn't work Empty Re: Destination Folder: acces denied problem. Tried the fix in this forum but it still doesn't work

Post by Sim Architect Thu 05 Nov 2015, 18:04

Hi! Sorry for my late reply. Did you figure things out? Are you using an account with administrative privileges?

If you still face the same issue, one option is to use the "move" command using an elevated admin command promt, which should have more privileges than using Windows Explorer. Or you can run Windows Explorer as Administrator (right click it on the start menu, then select "run as administrator"), and try again.

Let's know if you got things working. Happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male