Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Screen After Ultimate Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Screen After Ultimate Fix Empty Black Screen After Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 17:19

Okay, I've never once had a problem with any of your fixes before, so this is a first.

I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I tried to start the game I got a black (windowed) screen with a few icons in the upper right hand corner. One of them is for DLC and it's doing the whole shining animation thing, but the rest of the screen is black. The music is playing and I can click on the icons, but nothing happens.

I tried moving (not copying) the Sims 4 folder to the Program Files (x86) folder like the instructions said, but I always got the same black screen. I don't wanna google the problem, because I don't wanna go and download and install something and screw everything up and end up having to uninstall and re-install the game all over again from scratch.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanx in advance.

Back to top Go down

Black Screen After Ultimate Fix Empty Re: Black Screen After Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 19:08

Hi there, @Tyson212, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

That problem is graphics related, so you'll need to handle that first. Is the game running in windowed mode right now? And does the same error occur if you run the game fullscreen?

What video card(s) do you have? Are you sure that their drivers are completely updated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Sep 2015, 19:17

Okay, I've been playing the game just fine before going through the motions with this fix. I don't have the option to run it full screen because of the black screen. It's just windowed now for some reason. My drivers are up to date, and my I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M video card.
Everything was fine up until now, that's why I don't understand what's going on. I've never had a problem with you guys before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top