Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extracting Files not producing ISO disk file

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Extracting Files not producing ISO disk file Empty Extracting Files not producing ISO disk file

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 04:51

Im trying to download a game but whenever I extract the rar i cant find the iso file necessary to mount and install. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong, OR where the file is directed?

Please Please Pleeeeeeease help me. Ive been at this all week and I still cant find the ISO file i need. At this rate i cant even follow the manual since without mounting the disk I cant even install the games. Well i can but theyll be invalidated.

1. As I understand it you download the rar file(i downloaded the Sims 3 complete collection from here) which i then used 7zip to extract the files

2. Again as i understand it im supposed to now mount the yellow ISO disk file (and run from my drive) which should be where I extracted the files to, in my case the My downloads folder. Now here is the problem the ISO file does not show up anywhere I could find in my library, or in PowerISO program.

3. After mounting would normally come cracking, but as Admins thread stated that is done at the end, after installing all the addon content you want, the manual patch to get you up to date. I have not come to this step as I have not been able to validate install the software without mounting. Much less applying the crack at the end.

Any help is appreciated

Last edited by ruisuki on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 06:16; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Extracting Files not producing ISO disk file Empty Re: Extracting Files not producing ISO disk file

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 09:23

The Sims 3 Complete Collection doesn't contain any .iso files. All you have to do is run the setup files from every folder after you extract them (base game, update from crack folder and after that whatever EP/SP you want).

Back to top Go down

Extracting Files not producing ISO disk file Empty Re: Extracting Files not producing ISO disk file

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 09:45

REALLY? Thank you! Thats great to hear i was about to start listening to Nine Inch Nails and give up hahaha. One thing though, the guide Admin posted says dont touch the crack files until after the games and the manual patch are installed. This is the thread im referring to.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly#

Does it not apply to the complete edition?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 09:46

The manual patch is in the crack folder.

Step 2 of the # Installation Guide from The Sims 3 - The Complete Collection says to open the "# Crack" folder in this .RAR file and run the "TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe" file. This will update your game to version 1.67 (Latest version at moment of release).

Last edited by V10R37 on Sat 26 Sep 2015, 09:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 09:50

Dude thank you for the replies, srs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 10:14

Just saw your edit. Oh so step 2 in the thread was only for people having errors with the launcher and they should do that manual update if the one in their #crack folder wasnt working, but they are essentially the same thing right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 10:25

I think that guide is for the old separate downloads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 10:45

Oh....damn. Well i followed it and just finished step 5 so ill see how it runs and report back in a bit or tmr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Sep 2015, 11:05

Alrighhhhhht! I booted up the base game and it installed perfectly! I only picked my city and saved out, if I start playing now I wont sleep. But yeah, I havent really tested the addons but will this weekend. I doubt ill experience anything bad from here on though. Other than the long load times(I think it was at least 30secs maybe even a minute. I sure hope it isnt like this for every loading screen. Ive been dying to experience open world since I only played on the ps3 before lol, Anyway thank you again V, and you as well admin for the guide! Been waiting since 2008 before it even released for pc for this game!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 26 Sep 2015, 11:56

//MOVED
Hi there,

V10R37 wrote:I think that guide is for the old separate downloads.
What he said. The "Must read" is only for people who downloaded all the games separately.
The "The Sims 3: The Complete Collection" torrent already contains the most up-to-date instructions and files. So if you download that one, just follow the included instructions and you're good to go!

ruisuki wrote:Alrighhhhhht! I booted up the base game and it installed perfectly! I only picked my city and saved out, if I start playing now I wont sleep. But yeah, I havent really tested the addons but will this weekend. I doubt ill experience anything bad from here on though. Other than the long load times(I think it was at least 30secs maybe even a minute. I sure hope it isnt like this for every loading screen. Ive been dying to experience open world since I only played on the ps3 before lol, Anyway thank you again V, and you as well admin for the guide! Been waiting since 2008 before it even released for pc for this game!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear it's working fine now!
Note that expansion packs and (lots of) Custom Content and/or Mods can slow down your game. If you have any Mods/Custom Content, try playing without those first. If it makes a difference, you know what's causing the slow loading times.

I'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the final result after installing the desired expansion packs.
Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 09:38

I can confirm that the expansion packs are detected. The llama came up in my base game and i have the option to enroll in uni. Havent yet. I also can buy generation and season objects. The problem does lie in university though as im still playing the base game yet roommates keep joining my apartment. Im told i can control this by limiting the amount but dont see an option in phone services or real estate....so this could be a bug? Other than that the admins guide seemed to work even for the complete edition download, as i only cracked once, not each expansion pack. Hoping im just missing something and its not a bug, otherwise Id probably have to reinstall im guessing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top