Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help installing High End Loft Stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help installing High End Loft Stuff Empty Help installing High End Loft Stuff

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 02:20

Hello. Before you get your feathers in a ruffle about my post topic, let me explain myself. This is my first time downloading a game torrent and first time installing it so I have to say I'm completely clueless.

I have The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 World Adventures which I bought from the store. I just downloaded High End and am kind of confused. I tried looking for my answers here but couldn't.

Here's what happened. After I downloaded, I also downloaded the StuffIt expander from this forum. I expanded it with StuffIt expander but couldn't open the Sims3SP01Setup.exe with the StuffIt Expander. It said: "Unable to determine file format. The file "/Users/*UserName*/Documents/General Documents/the sims 3 downloads (unextracted)/The Sims 3 - High End Loft Stuff.rar Folder/Sims3SP01Setup.exe" does not appear to be compressed or encoded. It is advised that you obtain further information about the contents of this file from the sender or provider of the file."

I double clicked the Installer but it said: "Could not verify the integrity of the installer".

Here are my specs: iMac Intel i7 Lion 10.7.1. If you need any other info, let me know and thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! Surprised

Back to top Go down

Help installing High End Loft Stuff Empty Re: Help installing High End Loft Stuff

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 08:38

Follow these steps carefully:
1) After expanding it into a folder with Stuffit Expander, open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder.
2) Go to File > New > Disk Image from Folder, then select the expanded folder.
3) Then click image
4) Wait, it might take a while
5) When its done, open the newly imaged disk from Finder, then click the Installer

Then you are done!

Back to top Go down

Help installing High End Loft Stuff Empty Re: Help installing High End Loft Stuff

Post by Narong30 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:50

godismykey wrote:Follow these steps carefully:
1) After expanding it into a folder with Stuffit Expander, open Disk Utility from the Utilities folder.
2) Go to File > New > Disk Image from Folder, then select the expanded folder.
3) Then click image
4) Wait, it might take a while
5) When its done, open the newly imaged disk from Finder, then click the Installer

Then you are done!

Thank you Godismykey for the explanation. Now TS, please do not hesitate to update us about your problem. Hope the guide given can solve your problem.
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 21:00

Thank you!

The Installer worked, the code worked and it installed the update. But I didn't play the game yet because I wanted to know if I have to do anything with the # Crack folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 21:16

Cali wrote:Thank you!

The Installer worked, the code worked and it installed the update. But I didn't play the game yet because I wanted to know if I have to do anything with the # Crack folder?

After successfully update the game. You should paste the crack at base game folder. You can get further detail on that by reading the guide included with Ultimate fix Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 17:48

Narong30 wrote:After successfully update the game. You should paste the crack at base game folder. You can get further detail on that by reading the guide included with Ultimate fix Smile

I did that but now when I start the game I get this message "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them – otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.

Do you want to quit?"

Thanks for your help so far! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 09 Oct 2011, 19:32

Hello,
You can click continue, play the game and nothing bad happens, but this error only pops up with older versions of the fix, so if you get the new fix and replace the crack you copied earlier with the one from the new fix. You don't have to re apply the entire fix, just the crack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Oct 2011, 21:47

Okay, thanks. This really helped. Very Happy Also, one more question, If I install a legit copy of the expansion pack on top of the stuff pack I downloaded from here, will I run in the any problems?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 27 Oct 2011, 09:14

Hello,
I don't think that will cause any problems at all. Just don't forget to use the fix.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top