Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite Loop/ Not loading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite Loop/ Not loading Empty Infinite Loop/ Not loading

Post by Guest Mon 28 Sep 2015, 06:40

So I had a lot of issues and I was unable to start the game in quite some time. I resolved my previous issues but now when I create a character and click to play with him it throws me back at the screen where you choose in wich world/place you want to begin. After tampering wiith the save files and making a new character now it's just stuck on an infinite loading screen. Please help ! Every little info about the topic is much appriciated if no one knows how to fix this issue maybe we can think of something togethet feel free to say if something like this has happened to you.   I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

Infinite Loop/ Not loading Empty Re: Infinite Loop/ Not loading

Post by Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 07:02

I have the same problem. Can 't play the game at all, glad to see I am not the only one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Oct 2015, 20:40

I have the same issue, and it's the problem with the game itself, not the G4TW version. People who have the original also report this. It seems to corrupt the code of the save, so if it happens on your save, and you save at it or afterwards (for example, leave the game with the "Save & Exit" option), your save won't work anymore and you'll have to start over. So it's always best to have a lot of different saves.

I've only found one fix, but it's temporary at best and eventually you get the thing again and have to redo it. Which is terribly annoying. When you get that and get thrown out into the neighborhood choice screen, you leave the game with the "Just Exit" option (so that your save doesn't get corrupted). Then you navigate to Your Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4, and you completely delete the "Tray" folder. Now when you restart the game, you should be able to load the family normally.

BUT AGAIN, TAKE NOTE: THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY! After a while, another loading screen will kick you out again. Also, it seems, at least for me, that some loading screens are more prone to doing this (for example, I have more problems with loading the policeman career than with the scientist one or just traveling around the world). Usually I try to avoid those at all (right now, I send my Sim to work alone). Every time it happens, you've got to leave the game without saving and delete the Tray folder and then you can get back to your last save point in the game. Which might make you have to replay the same day a few times, but at least, hey, it's working.

As far as I know, there is no fix for this so far, and the EA hasn't released a patch for it. So unless smart people of G4TW figured out some registry hack or something, we have to wait for the developers to get their sh... together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top