Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More buttons.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More buttons. Empty More buttons.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 Oct 2015, 01:48

Hello !

Just came by to post a small update. Very Happy  Most of these buttons will show up in the profile of a user, in a forum thread and on the "Contacts"-tab of the user's profile. This is probably going to be the last buttons-update of this kind, so there you go:

Based on these pictures that @Admin sent me back then.

More buttons. Uzyf41namok

More buttons. Naxcz9rszkn

And on the basis of some research (there are more buttons than these), I re-made the logos.  What a Face

AIM Messenger: More buttons. Ndq5yqo76yp

Facebook:  More buttons. 689ahkvr65c1

Find all topics started by: More buttons. 39qou452dyw  ---> not sure where it is supposed to show up, but it looks like those boxes in the old Super Mario games. Very Happy

View poster's website: More buttons. Hmaz2kv8nuqa

Pinterest:  More buttons. Zqjn7itmfsw

Reply to topic:  More buttons. 1be23ggndy8

Send e-mail:  More buttons. Xlzm8viodzs

Send PM:  More buttons. 2hbghnugfnz2

Twitter:  More buttons. Mv99u599vmom

View user profile:  More buttons. Hln6iv8nxfij

Windows Live (MSN) Messenger:  More buttons. Mgubz2cix6ce

Yahoo Messenger:  More buttons. Atxau9bzb6al

For most of the logos, I kept it simple. Also, I uploaded these pictures (as usual) on a different image host than the one which the forum uses. This is because they are only suggestions for now - as usual. As soon as you all approve of them, you should upload them with the "imgserve"-host that Forumotion uses.

Also, I see that the buttons on the toolbar at the top, for PMs/new PMs, are still the old ones ? Here are again the new buttons which I posted last time here:

More buttons. Bdd1l5if56u5

More buttons. Y8mq1hi313va

Hope you'll like these, and feel free to post some feedback on any pictures ! The Sims Plumbob 1 

//EDIT

Also, about this here, I still need to come up with something...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

More buttons. Empty Re: More buttons.

Post by Admin Sun 04 Oct 2015, 14:13

They look great, as usual! Very Happy
Thanks for your work on the buttons. I'll change them all later tonight.

Carlos wrote:
Also, I see that the buttons on the toolbar at the top, for PMs/new PMs, are still the old ones ? Here are again the new buttons which I posted last time here:

More buttons. Bdd1l5if56u5

More buttons. Y8mq1hi313va
As for the above buttons, I really loved the new "New Message(s)" button, but the reason I have not added it, is because I got an error when I tried to update it back then. So I simply couldn't change the current one, due to a vague error. So I thought I should give it some time and try again later.
I'll try again tonight, and if it doesn't work this time, I'll contact Forumotion. Wink

//EDIT

Great, the "New Messages" button also works now! Good job!

//EDIT

Can you give the e-mail button something like a border?
It looks like an X (close button) now. Or is that just me? Razz

Carlo wrote:

And a funny fact about:
Carlos wrote:
... which is called Skype now. WLM/MSN doesn't exist any more. Sad
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 09 Oct 2015, 01:46

Admin wrote:They look great, as usual! Very Happy
Thanks for your work on the buttons. I'll change them all later tonight.

As for the above buttons, I really loved the new "New Message(s)" button, but the reason I have not added it, is because I got an error when I tried to update it back then. So I simply couldn't change the current one, due to a vague error. So I thought I should give it some time and try again later.
I'll try again tonight, and if it doesn't work this time, I'll contact Forumotion. Wink

//EDIT

Great, the "New Messages" button also works now! Good job!

//EDIT

Can you give the e-mail button something like a border?
It looks like an X (close button) now. Or is that just me? Razz

Carlo wrote:

And a funny fact about:
Carlos wrote:
... which is called Skype now. WLM/MSN doesn't exist any more. Sad

How about one of these e-mail logos ? I'd suggest using the green one. Very Happy  But feel free to suggest other colors than these here, if you like.

More buttons. Sende-mail

More buttons. Sende-mail2

More buttons. Sende-mail3

And concerning this here, how about a little "sun" ?

More buttons. Topicparticipate  This one is 20 x 20 pixels big..

More buttons. Topicparticipateversion2   And this one is 15 x 15 pixels. I'd suggest trying this one here first, and if it's really "too small", try the 20px-one. Very Happy

I also forgot this here before:

More buttons. SendanewPM

This logo shows up when you go to "Messages" in the toolbar:

More buttons. Screenshot_2

//EDIT

And I guess I missed out on the thing with the MSN Messenger...  Facepalm Oh my...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 09 Oct 2015, 22:20

Carlos wrote:How about one of these e-mail logos ? I'd suggest using the green one. Very Happy  But feel free to suggest other colors than these here, if you like.

More buttons. Sende-mail

More buttons. Sende-mail2

More buttons. Sende-mail3

And concerning this here, how about a little "sun" ?

More buttons. Topicparticipate  This one is 20 x 20 pixels big..

More buttons. Topicparticipateversion2   And this one is 15 x 15 pixels. I'd suggest trying this one here first, and if it's really "too small", try the 20px-one. Very Happy

I also forgot this here before:

More buttons. SendanewPM
Thanks again!
Why green? Razz Wouldn't the orange one fit better with the Forum theme?
I'll add all the other buttons very soon, stay tuned...

Again, they all look fantastic (especially the "new message" one, which I just got to "try out")!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 10 Oct 2015, 03:50

Loving it all! The light bulb with the new messages looks classy and very nice, I really amazed myself on how nice of a design you could make with such simple lines and few pixels, awesome!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Oct 2015, 03:57

Admin wrote:Thanks again!

Again, they all look fantastic (especially the "new message" one, which I just got to "try out")!

Sim Architect wrote:Loving it all! The light bulb with the new messages looks classy and very nice, I really amazed myself on how nice of a design you could make with such simple lines and few pixels, awesome!

You're all welcome. Smile  In the coming time, I'll be trying to come up with a few more forum banners...for now, maybe a few autumn-based banners could do. Doesn't have to be anything special, just something that e.g. could be cut out from a larger wallpaper. We'll see.

One reason I made the "new message(s)"-logo in green and with the light bulb is because so many people fail to read incoming messages (OK, some may try to ignore PMs, because they contain a warning or otherwise unpleasant message from a Mod/Admin, but that's a different issue  Haters gonna hate ). Let's hope that this new button will make it easier to be seen.

Also, I suggested the green e-mail button because I find it would look boring to have too many buttons of the same color. Very Happy  Of course, the orange button would be more consistent with the rest...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 10 Oct 2015, 07:21

Carlos wrote:
Admin wrote:Thanks again!

Sim Architect wrote:Loving it all! The light bulb with the new messages looks classy and very nice, I really amazed myself on how nice of a design you could make with such simple lines and few pixels, awesome!

You're all welcome. Smile  In the coming time, I'll be trying to come up with a few more forum banners...for now, maybe a few autumn-based banners could do. Doesn't have to be anything special, just something that e.g. could be cut out from a larger wallpaper. We'll see.

One reason I made the "new message(s)"-logo in green and with the light bulb is because so many people fail to read incoming messages (OK, some may try to ignore PMs, because they contain a warning or otherwise unpleasant message from a Mod/Admin, but that's a different issue  Haters gonna hate ). Let's hope that this new button will make it easier to be seen.

Also, I suggested the green e-mail button because I find it would look boring to have too many buttons of the same color. Very Happy  Of course, the orange button would be more consistent with the rest...
Nice! Since I am partially colorblind, I really thank you for using different words or designs and not simply differentiating things with the use of green and orange, since I may not notice the difference (and something like 10% of men and 1% of women if you take into consideration the European sourced population spread in the world, if i am not mistaken, that have some degree of color blindness).

It remembers me when I am driving on a toll road, it's really hard to know which booths are open or closed when I am driving in Brazil, I have to be quite near them to differentiate the colors, that seem to be "almost the same" from some distance. Some traffic lights are a nightmare too, but the position helps a lot (top one being red usually, etc), at night I can not even see a traffic light because some tones look like the street illumination, which has a yellow color in Brazil at most roads nowadays.

And, of course, we have the notifications at the top right that always let us know of stuff we should be aware of. Wink

Thanks again for keeping the design always interesting, usable and new, Carlos!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:02

Carlos wrote:Also, I suggested the green e-mail button because I find it would look boring to have too many buttons of the same color. Very Happy  Of course, the orange button would be more consistent with the rest...
Looks very colourful now. Razz
But... would it be an idea to make the corners of the "Send e-mail" button round?

There is also an image option for "Background picture (Row category left)" and "Background picture (Row title)" and "Background picture (Row category right)" and more. Might be fun to experiment with these too, later on.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:11

Admin wrote:Looks very colourful now. Razz
But... would it be an idea to make the corners of the "Send e-mail" button round?

I can do that, in the next update, but...

Admin wrote:There is also an image option for "Background picture (Row category left)" and "Background picture (Row title)" and "Background picture (Row category right)" and more. Might be fun to experiment with these too, later on.

...what is that about ? Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 10 Oct 2015, 12:15

Carlos wrote:
Admin wrote:There is also an image option for "Background picture (Row category left)" and "Background picture (Row title)" and "Background picture (Row category right)" and more. Might be fun to experiment with these too, later on.

...what is that about ? Very Happy
Not sure, never tried it, they are empty at the moment.
But I think it is something like this: http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/ (See left and right of page)
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Oct 2015, 06:40

Admin wrote:Not sure, never tried it, they are empty at the moment.
But I think it is something like this: http://www.cdkeyhouse.com/ (See left and right of page)

Looks interesting, and might be an idea for the future indeed...I re-did the e-mail button and the corners are slightly rounded now:

More buttons. Mailexperiment5copy

I made a mistake before with the size of the e-mail icon, which is the reason why it looks a bit "out of proportion" compared to the rest of the icons (view profile, view website, send PM, etc.). But this one should be more consistent now.  Very Happy 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 16 Oct 2015, 21:15

Great! It is true about the size and position. It should be a tiny bit taller and also it should be positioned a bit higher to align with the rest.

Besides that, great work as always!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male