Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixed the expansions, now have a new problem, please help me outtt?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fixed the expansions, now have a new problem, please help me outtt?  Empty Fixed the expansions, now have a new problem, please help me outtt?

Post by Guest Sun 11 Oct 2015, 10:41

Okay, I reinstalled everything and unzipped the package with Archive Utility instead of the Unarchiver, which got the files in the right place.

Now, my problem is that the launcher and everything seems to be a .exe file that my Macbook just can't read. It looks like this: Fixed the expansions, now have a new problem, please help me outtt?  Screen_Shot_2015_10_11_at_10_13_49

I know my Mac SHOULD be able to read and run these files, because I have installed this exact torrent a couple of times before and everything worked back then.. If I try opening the Sims from Applications, the icon appears for a few seconds and then disappears again. I've changed the info.pll to bypass the launcher, but that doesn't work either, i'm guessing because the TS3W.exe is still a file my Mac won't read..
Does anyone know what's could solve it?

Back to top Go down

Fixed the expansions, now have a new problem, please help me outtt?  Empty Re: Fixed the expansions, now have a new problem, please help me outtt?

Post by Sim Architect Tue 20 Oct 2015, 11:06

Hi! I have no clue on working with Mac OS, since I never owned a Mac, but you can follow the guide below no how to install the game properly (or you can use a Windows Emulator as a last resource).

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

Please, keep us posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5[/color]
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)