Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED] Empty The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jan 2014, 23:45

Hi. I downloaded The Sims 3 and all EP & SP's. (torrent, not games4world's btw) They are all ISO files, I installed them one by one. It had a "patch" folder and said i should update the game after installing only ts3 base game, i did, and started installing EPs. I installed Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Show Time, Supernatural and University Life. When I started the Island Paradise setup i had this "setup has detected that the sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed" error. I checked some threads with same problem here but i couldn't figure it out.

Firstly, I installed everything on D driver in proper folders and didn't move anything while i was installing EP's. And I didn't use any crack, after updating the base game too, because guide says i should use it in the end. 

Soo I'm stuck. I would appreciate if someone could help.

Last edited by ArethaBee on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 13:37; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 08:56

Hello,
It is very difficult for us to provide support for torrents that are not our own...
A lot of different things could have gone wrong...

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 16:56

I understand. But there is no common ways to fix this? I kinda have two more questions.
1. I checked thet regedit thing, in the video I saw only Sims folder under Wow6432Node, but I have a Electronic Arts folder with a couple more folders in it, one of them is Sims and has all the games i installed and there is also a Sims 3 folder with a folder named Launcher in it. I didnt delete anything and i wanted now if this is whats supposed to hapen.
2. I realized the update which came with the torrent is 1.63. Could it be the problem?

I understand you but like i said if there are some basic/common things to do to fix this, i could try. I dont want to go and download everything again because it took me 4 to 5 days to download all EP and SPs because of my crappy internet. :/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Jan 2014, 17:37

ArethaBee wrote:I understand. But there is no common ways to fix this? I kinda have two more questions.
1. I checked thet regedit thing, in the video I saw only Sims folder under Wow6432Node, but I have a Electronic Arts folder with a couple more folders in it, one of them is Sims and has all the games i installed and there is also a Sims 3 folder with a folder named Launcher in it. I didnt delete anything and i wanted now if this is whats supposed to hapen.
2. I realized the update which came with the torrent is 1.63. Could it be the problem?

I understand you but like i said if there are some basic/common things to do to fix this, i could try. I dont want to go and download everything again because it took me 4 to 5 days to download all EP and SPs because of my crappy internet. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello,

If you want the "easiest possible solution" that comes to my mind right now, then re-download just the base game, from another uploader (from G4TW for example).

So, if you already have expansions installed, just un-install your current base game, re-boot the computer, and then re-install the new version of your base game, which you just re-downloaded.

After that, (re-)do the steps from 2 to 4 here and see how it goes from then on: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck !

(but yes, from a personal point of view, I'm also a bit reluctant to give support on games from other uploaders, even if I *could* Wat.).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. Thu 30 Jan 2014, 17:48

ArethaBee wrote:I understand. But there is no common ways to fix this? I kinda have two more questions.

I understand you but like i said if there are some basic/common things to do to fix this, i could try. I dont want to go and download everything again because it took me 4 to 5 days to download all EP and SPs because of my crappy internet. :/

It is very normal that there is a set of registry keys under Electronic Arts.
I do not understand your second question. Can you further elaborate?

Either way, since you downloaded them from somewhere else,  it is completely out of our hand. We cannot help you fix the problems other uploaders create.

Please take a look at this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall before uninstalling all of the games and download them from www.games4theworld.org. If you think the download speed is low, please take a look at this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t11496-how-to-speed-up-fix-utorrent-downloads . This guide will help you speed up torrent downoads.

Good luck and let us know if you need any help.
J.T.
J.T.
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

The sims 3 is corrupt or not properly installed. [SOLVED] Empty same problem fixed

Post by Guest Sat 08 Feb 2014, 15:28

I had the same problem. All my stuff is either official or from games4theworld. I had redownloaded everything with origin or this site after messing something up with awesomemod and was doing a clean install. right before i installed the last expansion (into the future) i moved the origin files to the ea directory, which caused a patch level conflict when ItF tried to install, giving me the corrupt error message. I used the latest patch here to fix that. Smile 

I vaguely remember this happening back in Sims 1, when i bought the expansions out of order and got the same error message.  i don't know if this will help you, but it's a place to start. and in the future- this place is awesome and i trust their downloads.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Feb 2014, 17:55

Another question, that wasn't asked, was this by any chance the "blackbox" or "complete edition" of the sims 3, where you downloaded them all together?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Mar 2014, 13:33

Oh. I don't wanna seem rude. I downloaded ts3 from g4tw before and had to uninstall all because of non sims related problems. This time i wanted them all together, my internet was super slow and i didn't want to lose time checking if download compeleted etc. Dont know if you guys have them alltogether.

Anyways, i uninstalled base game and then installed games4theworld's ts3 base game and problem solved, ( even if i have an other problem now >_< ) thank you so much for your help, i understand you weren't willing to help but you still did, i appreciate it.

Aand i'm not sure what you are asking, do you mean the torrent i downloaded was mentioned as blackbox or complete edition? If you do, I don't think so.

Mod edit: if you have another question, feel free to open a new topic. This is closed now. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top