Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 3 Installation Problems. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 Installation Problems. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 3 Installation Problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 14:23

Greetings! First I want to THANK you for the release and for the guide. I have installed TS3 and ALL EP (No the SPs). I have followed the guide provided (install base game,update with the manual update,install the EPs and then apply the crack from the #crack folder. Unfortunately the game doesn't start (error 0x0175dcbb) and if I try to run the launcher,it gives me an error too. I noticed that another guy had my problem and opened a topic on the forum (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20921-unable-to-start-game-error-0x0175dcbb). I followed the advices you gave him but the problem still occurs. Can you help me? By the way I already had The Sims 3 installed on my PC but I think I removed all files long ago (From the Electronic Arts folder in /C and in DOcuments). I am currenty re-installing again the base game and the EPs. I hope you can help me with this matter. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Installation Problems. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Installation Problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 15:19

Hello there! I'm somehow actively lurking around here so i hope i can be of help somehow. Else, you need to wait for either the admin/sim helper to help.

Firstly, i myself am re-installing the sims3 to my pc. i have installed ALL EPs and couple of SPs. Now then, did you download the ultimate fix as well? The Sims 3 Complete Collections comes with a crack file but you need te Ultimate fix as well. 

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Installation Problems. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 3 Installation Problems. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 15:21

Hey! Thanks for your help! I didn't use other cracks,just the one in the #crack folder in the Ultimate Fix Folder.

I followed the guide in the forum,not the one provided in the Ultimate Fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 15:25

In the ultimate fix it stated that you need to copy and replace for the other EPs as well. Did you do that for Ambitions and World Adventures? Since the thread only mention for the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 15:31

I have tried it. Same problem occurs. I have copied the cracks of the World Adventures,Ambitions and Late night ( these are the only provided in the FIX folder (except for the SPs which I don't have). After that I copied again the crack that is in the "#crack" folder (in the FIX main folder) in the main game folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin". Then I run as admin the "TS3W.exe" file and I still get the error. What to do :S ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 16:04

can you run the launcher tho? If you have a shortcut to the into the future on your desktop, try running it and see if it opens up the launcher. If not, most probably there you miss a step somewhere. 

I'm unsure about origin but when it ask you to update the origin, just uncheck the box. The step 11 of the ultimate fix guide: Did you run the manual patch again? Just update it once even though you already have the latest patch. Then do step 12, copy the crack to Sim 3/Game/Bin and try running the TS3W.exe again

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 16:55

The launcher opens but it says that I have to check the .log file due to an error and it shuts down. I installed the patch and pasted the crack in the the TS3 folder but nothing has changed... Same error. I don't know what I have done wrong... Maybe should I install also SPs? Can you tell me what did you do,precisley,to let your game work? Thank you again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 17:43

the SPs shouldn't be a problem. I had the game run without installing any SPs at first.

I had my windows defender turn off. and my anti-virus is already dead(expired). So maybe you can try turning them off while installing? i'm not sure if it affects though

The way I installed them is :
Base Game -> 
Manual Patch -> 
Installed every EPs (I started by following the EPno. though. But i don't think that matters. Also uncheck the origin update box if it appears. My origin haven't been updated so i might be the only one with that) -> 
Install the fix from the Ultimate fix (i didn't touch the crack folder from the torrent itself) -> 
Run manual patch again (Just update it again if it prompts anything) ->
Copy and paste from the crack folder from ultimate fix to the Sims 3/Game/Bin

If you run TS3W.exe it will open the game itself. If you run the Into The Future shortcut it will open the Sims 3 Launcher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 17:49

Well,I did those steps too,except for the 5th (patching again after the Fix), and I should say that,before you told me,I just put the crack from the #crack folder,not the Expansion crack too (in their folder in /C). I don't know them... Maybe it's patch's fault? ANy other advices? I could try with the antivirus thing,but I really doubt about it,I never had problems with it (and I have installed many games). By the way,you are very kind Smile ! I hope to solve it,perhpas with the help of an admin Smile ! Maybe should I install all again? In the other topic (the one that I linked in the first post),the admin told to uninstall just the main game,keeping the expansions,and installing it again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 17:59

Hmm perhaps you can try that as well. I read the thread from the link you posted. You could try re-installing/ just the base game. I hope someone helps you soon >_<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:08

Ok,just to be sure xD: I mount the "first disk" (as Daemon says),then when asked I mount the other disk and I go on with the installation. Then I run the "1.67 update" (downloaded from the site) and then I apply the crack from the "#crack" folder (in the fix main folder downloaded from the site). Am I right Smile ? Thanks again Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:14

Wait, disc? Oh you're not using the complete collection torrent? Cause mine is all setup files. I didn't see any .iso files in the torrent though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:21

Lol! I am downloading the "Complete collection" torrent (I didn't notice it xD). By the way I downloaded EPs one by one and EPs are setup files while the game is in .iso. I am re-installing the main game,should I follow the procedure I wrote just before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:27

just reinstalling the base game right? yeah after the manual patch past the crack to the folder. if you are installing everything from scratch then don't place the crack first.

PS: my base game is also a setup file

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:33

Uff... I have re-installed the main game,updated it and cracked it with the files from the #crack folder but the error occurs. I am downloading the Complete Collection torrent,hoping that something will change. Meanwhile,I really hope in an admin to help me Smile ! In any case,I really thank you for your help,much appreciated. I will update this post as soon as I have news. If you have new suggestions,please tell me Very Happy. Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:37

I wouldn't advise tagging but if it still doesn't work with the complete collection you could try tagging the sim helpers. See online past 24 hours though. I hope you can play the game soon. If not play sims4 in the meanwhile Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:56

I have The Sims 4! I think The Sims 3 (with all EPs and mods) is way better,for now... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 19:00

Omg totally though. Because all those sims 3 expansions are so cool. since sims 4 only has get to work atm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 11:08

Hey! I have downloaded the "Complete Collection". In the guide I found this "- Want to install other expansion packs after a while? No problem, just install them and run the game afterwards. No need to crack or patch again;". So I installed just the base game,patched it and cracked it. I get the same errors (.exe and launcher). I think that something goes wrong when I patch it... Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Oct 2015, 14:05

I solved the issue. I had to dig in old reg files and delete previous stuff. All is going smoothly,at least for now Smile ! I want to thank you,Ageha,for your help and patience Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Oct 2015, 07:29

Yay! Sorry though since i didn't really help. Thought the reg edit problems is only applied if you can't install the game. Happy Simming all EPs ! Hail King Tea!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Smile

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top