Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED] Empty Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 07:31

Basically, as the title says. I tried both the full size and just updates size of the latest (as of this posting, 5 minutes ago) available Ultimate Fix. This did NOT fix any of my issues with Get to Work. HOWEVER, applying SimArchitect's torrent as suggested in another thread DID work. Thus, there is still some kind of problem with the Ultimate Fix that is breaking Get to Work.

Thread that I referenced is here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21296-get-to-work-jobs-aren-t-working

Back to top Go down

Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Oct 2015, 10:27

rievna wrote:Basically, as the title says. I tried both the full size and just updates size of the latest (as of this posting, 5 minutes ago) available Ultimate Fix. This did NOT fix any of my issues with Get to Work. HOWEVER, applying SimArchitect's torrent as suggested in another thread DID work. Thus, there is still some kind of problem with the Ultimate Fix that is breaking Get to Work.

Thread that I referenced is here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21296-get-to-work-jobs-aren-t-working

Hello and welcome first of all,

I actually went ahead and tested your theory/suspicion and re-installed the G4TW base game + Get to Work + the latest (official) Ultimate fix which the Admin posted yesterday. First off:

Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED] Screenshot_8

If you look carefully at my in-game screenshot you will see the "attend an active work day at the doctor career venue". While that is just the level 1 task(s), it's highly unlikely that any other job tasks don't work. But feel free to specify what exactly in the Get to Work careers was not working for you, and I will try and test that. However, it's probably futile: why should this particular job task show up for me, while others don't ?

The next issue was Granite Falls. I was able to travel there, and interact with the environment.

Most significantly though, I went as far as using WinMerge to compare the "experimental" fix that I posted here, with the fix that the Admin posted yesterday. And (surprise ?), the comparison result showed that both folders (i.e. their folder contents) were absolutely identical.

Now...I don't know why this error happened for you, or what exactly you have been doing. From my testing thus far, I can tell with almost certainty that you either messed up somewhere (e.g. did not properly overwrite the old files), or you may have accessed an older or cached version of the Ultimate fix page in your browser. The latter happens very rarely, but that can be another explanation. For the future, please clear your browser cache + cookies beforehand (press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE in the browser, then follow the on-screen instruction; restart the browser after the cleaning for the changes to take effect).

Another indicator is the fact that you are the very first person (since I uploaded the corrected/experimental fix) to write about this. My experimental fix was downloaded over 5,000 times, and if there was anything wrong, someone surely would have posted about this, either here or on the FB page. Especially as these Get to Work-jobs are a very popular in-game feature. But so far, you're the only user reporting this.

The Admin also said he just downloaded my experimental fix, without modifying anything about it.

Of course, we will see if other people are reporting problems, but so far I have no indication that anything is wrong with the fix that the Admin uploaded yesterday.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Latest Ultimate Fix Does NOT Fix Go to Work Issues. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 10:49

The screenshot you posted was never an issue, or if it was, not one that I noticed. The issue was (if you checked the thread I linked) that once arriving on the job, the work tasks in the upper lefthand corner would all be grayed out llamas. (See the screenshot by the original poster, which I linked.) This error would not be visible to you until you arrived at work, so please try actually sending your sim to the job. Furthermore, in the detective track specifically, for me, using the analyzer machine would not work; the sim would do nothing (but raise their arms and glitch out). (This was not reported by other users but an issue I ran into.)

The experimental fix you uploaded and the latest ultimate fix BOTH were NOT the fix that worked. I am not surprised you found them identical because those both did not work for me. The fix that did work was the user-suggested fix of using certain folders from SimArchitect's torrent of the stuff/game packs, as I stated in my initial post, not an official fix released by you or the Admin.

As I also stated in my initial post, I used both torrent and direct download of the latest fixes, both the complete version and the updates-only version, and tried applying them all sequentially. Apply one, test, download a different version of the latest fix from a different download link using a different method, apply, test, repeat. I highly doubt this was a cache issue.

The only fix that worked for me was, as I said, downloading SimArchitect's torrent of the stuff/game DLC packs and copying the Data, Delta, and Game folders from his stuff/game DLC packs into my game folder. I would run your comparison on this and it may reveal where the error is that is causing this.

As for other users not reporting it, I also checked multiple threads on the topic as I was trying to fix this issue and while it is true no one else has reported it not being fixed, I also don't see anyone reporting that "yes, the newest version fixed the gray llama issue for me." For this reason, I decided to post my own report. I don't appreciate the tone I'm getting from your response considering my intention was only to help other users frustrated by the same problem as me.

Edit: Apologies, the screenshot I referenced can be found in another thread: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21454-gtw-tasks-bug

The screenshot: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21454-gtw-tasks-bug#144694

The fix that worked for me: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21296-get-to-work-jobs-aren-t-working#144179

Another Edit: After casually perusing a few threads, I see others complaining their sim does nothing but the weird T arms thing when trying to use a cash register at a store they own. This is the same thing I said in my first paragraph that my sim did when trying to use the analyzer at the police station. I have no proof but suspect it might be part of the same glitch, since the glitch is happening when trying to use objects associated with Get to Work at various job locations (including a store owned by your sims, and in my case, the police station analyzers.)

Last edited by rievna on Sun 25 Oct 2015, 11:09; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed some links referencing other threads, add more information)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Oct 2015, 11:40

rievna wrote:The screenshot you posted was never an issue, or if it was, not one that I noticed. The issue was (if you checked the thread I linked) that once arriving on the job, the work tasks in the upper lefthand corner would all be grayed out llamas. (See the screenshot by the original poster, which I linked.) This error would not be visible to you until you arrived at work, so please try actually sending your sim to the job. Furthermore, in the detective track specifically, for me, using the analyzer machine would not work; the sim would do nothing (but raise their arms and glitch out). (This was not reported by other users but an issue I ran into.)

The experimental fix you uploaded and the latest ultimate fix BOTH were NOT the fix that worked. I am not surprised you found them identical because those both did not work for me. The fix that did work was the user-suggested fix of using certain folders from SimArchitect's torrent of the stuff/game packs, as I stated in my initial post, not an official fix released by you or the Admin.

As I also stated in my initial post, I used both torrent and direct download of the latest fixes, both the complete version and the updates-only version, and tried applying them all sequentially. Apply one, test, download a different version of the latest fix from a different download link using a different method, apply, test, repeat. I highly doubt this was a cache issue.

The only fix that worked for me was, as I said, downloading SimArchitect's torrent of the stuff/game DLC packs and copying the Data, Delta, and Game folders from his stuff/game DLC packs into my game folder. I would run your comparison on this and it may reveal where the error is that is causing this.

As for other users not reporting it, I also checked multiple threads on the topic as I was trying to fix this issue and while it is true no one else has reported it not being fixed, I also don't see anyone reporting that "yes, the newest version fixed the gray llama issue for me." For this reason, I decided to post my own report. I don't appreciate the tone I'm getting from your response considering my intention was only to help other users frustrated by the same problem as me.

Edit: Apologies, the screenshot I referenced can be found in another thread: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21454-gtw-tasks-bug

The screenshot: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21454-gtw-tasks-bug#144694

The fix that worked for me: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21296-get-to-work-jobs-aren-t-working#144179

Another Edit: After casually perusing a few threads, I see others complaining their sim does nothing but the weird T arms thing when trying to use a cash register at a store they own. This is the same thing I said in my first paragraph that my sim did when trying to use the analyzer at the police station. I have no proof but suspect it might be part of the same glitch, since the glitch is happening when trying to use objects associated with Get to Work at various job locations (including a store owned by your sims, and in my case, the police station analyzers.)

Wow, so much anger about a PC game ? Smile 

I'm going to be brief: the only (under)tone that is not appreciated is yours here, so I suggest you tune it down, or don't bother to post back on here. This type of "help" is certainly not needed or appreciated here. You agreed to the forum rules when registering, and you will abide by them. And my intention was to get behind the issue, if there is one (currently running a different check, at the moment I am typing this). I may have indeed been mistaken before, but there is no reason to argue about anything.

//EDIT

Mod edit: the topic is closed, as the problem seems solved
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top