Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation? Empty How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation?

Post by Sim Architect Mon 07 Dec 2015, 14:33

Hi there!

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation? TKGupls

I just found out that the Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is using more than 50% of my processing power, sometimes, and if I disable it using Regedit, then changing the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sppsvc\Start" variable to "4" (in the image above I changed it to "3", just because it was the only way to have my windows working properly, and also Office 2016) to force that service not loading at all, I get the annoying message asking to activate Windows and, besides that, what's worse, I lose my Office 2016 entirely!!!

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation? 6vU6Opr
Does anybody know a way to circumvent that, so I don't use half of my processing power to defend Microsoft interests against my will, but stay able to use the operating system and MS-Office??

It is really annoying, because the computer runs much faster when I disable that sh*t!!! Funny enough, it seems that nobody seems to have posted on the topic, I see people complaining about, then some "dumb" solutions to "make things a bit better", like checking if there is a problem updating etc. I don't want to make things a bit better, I want to get rid of MS DRM protection service for good and still be able to use my machine. Is that doable?

It is funny that crackers found ways to activate the software with that service running, but they did not look for ways to make us free from that undesirable "feature". Why is everybody so silent on the issue? I feel like I "lost the bus" and nobody is letting me know what to do Sad

Tea 5 Tea 5

Last edited by Sim Architect on Mon 21 Dec 2015, 01:37; edited 2 times in total
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation? Empty Re: How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation?

Post by Sim Architect Mon 07 Dec 2015, 14:58

Well, I could at least force low priority, let's hope it works. I used "Process Hacker" for that.

I'll keep you posted, ideas welcome!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation? Empty Re: How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation?

Post by Sim Architect Tue 15 Dec 2015, 13:03

Hi again! I created a batch/comand file with just one line that can help with this problem (you can also run the command prompt as an admin user and type it manually):

Code:
net stop sppsvc

If you need the service again, for any reason, you can try

Code:
net start sppsvc

I know it's something basic, but can help specially with lower end machines using a pirate version of Windows and Office.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 21 Dec 2015, 01:36

Not working properly, when the sppsvc is heavy, I get an error message.

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation? NQIpms5

Does anybody know what to do? It's driving me crazy, using about 50% of my processor just to "check my licence is ok", which you all know isn't, since I have Windows and Office Pirated.

Can't run both without it, and I believe many of you must be facing the same issue without even noticing, losing lots of processing power to something that's not for our interest Sad

Update: I just removed the R@in KMS and installed the KMS Pico 1.9 portable. It looks like the problem is "gone", but I will have to test it more (and restart the system, which I can't because I have 120 GB of files being uploaded to YouTube that I can't stop)...

In a couple of days I will also update my windows (it wanted to restart today, but I did not let it, since it always takes forever, I just had it updated a day or two ago!), and also see the results. Smile

I'll keep you posted!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Tue 22 Dec 2015, 03:53

Yes, the problem was with the old R@in KMS I was using. I removed it and installed the KMS Pico 1.6 (Portable Version, from KAT, not linked here because it's not from G4TW, so I feel I should only mention and remember anybody that reads this they will use it at their own risk).

Just in case, a screenshot of the entry at KAT for the Activator I am using:

How to Disable Microsoft Software Protection Service sppsvc without losing Office and Windows Activation? UEO0z9r

I'll keep an eye on it, but it seems to be working way better and with both Windows 10 Enterprise and Office 2016. If it works properly on the long run, I may use it when I get the chance to make my video tutorial on how to install Windows 10 Smile

Meanwhile, let's rest a bit and enjoy some tea, with our computer a bit relieved from that sppsvc pressure!

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2016, 19:25

well can you tell how you removed R@in KMS as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 29 Jul 2016, 08:18

insomniac_32 wrote:well can you tell how you removed R@in KMS as well?

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm afraid the user who wrote that post is no longer active on this forum. 
Maybe someone else has an awnser.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Aug 2016, 19:48

insomniac_32 wrote:well can you tell how you removed R@in KMS as well?
Hi there,

Doesn't the R@in KMS service have an integrated "Uninstall" button?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top