Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirating a Pirate Copy???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pirating a Pirate Copy??? Empty Pirating a Pirate Copy???

Post by Sim Architect Wed 09 Dec 2015, 01:17

Hi there! I was looking for Sims 4 - Get Together, and I found the page below, about some issues related to different pirate groups working against each other.

Does anybody know of anything like that? Should it be the reason some people can and others can't play with the game, even though they should be "all" from the reloaded group (but, not necessarily, Skidrow)?

What should we do about it?

https://torrentfreak.com/skidrow-pirates-get-pirated-after-removing-their-own-drm-140504/

Are piracy groups using DRM???

My brother warned me today that my windows software protection service was acting up crazy on my system because it's a bad quality of piracy, but maybe it's not just an accident, but bad cracking done that way purposefully?

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Pirating a Pirate Copy??? Empty Re: Pirating a Pirate Copy???

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 10 Dec 2015, 04:40

Sim Architect wrote:Hi there! I was looking for Sims 4 - Get Together, and I found the page below, about some issues related to different pirate groups working against each other.

Does anybody know of anything like that? Should it be the reason some people can and others can't play with the game, even though they should be "all" from the reloaded group (but, not necessarily, Skidrow)?

What should we do about it?

https://torrentfreak.com/skidrow-pirates-get-pirated-after-removing-their-own-drm-140504/

Are piracy groups using DRM???

My brother warned me today that my windows software protection service was acting up crazy on my system because it's a bad quality of piracy, but maybe it's not just an accident, but bad cracking done that way purposefully?

Tea 5 Tea 5

I see it from this perspective: why should "other scene groups" modify existing and functioning releases ? I don't see why anybody would do that; again, if the existing release is functioning fine. It's more likely that these other scene groups just repack existing stuff.

And about the "piracy DRM": I'm a bit surprised that all these people - with all their years of experience and technical software-engineering "prowess" - still don't seem to realize that technically there is no copyright on cracked stuff. Strictly-speaking you can't even ask that other people credit your work, if they repack it. It's all part of the game, as much as from a human perspective it is understandable that you feel angry if others don't give your proper credit.

And it's no secret that companies like Microsoft, EA and others also download from pirates to analyze the cracked stuff. Then they attempt to take counter-measures, like submitting hash-codes (something that is supposed to "identify" certain software) of pirated stuff to anti-virus companies. 

If this DRM in pirated game leads to problems for the end-user, then why bother to release a pirated game/piece of software at all ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top