Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Together - installation location

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get Together - installation location Empty Get Together - installation location

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 20:56

So I have a question. I just read The Sims 4: Get Together - Installation Guide and there is step 2
" 2. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\  ; if there's a folder called "The Sims 4" in there, select it and MOVE
it to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\ . If you don't do this, you will get errors while running the game.
Note that your new installation location will now be: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\  , keep that in mind." 

My game is in D://Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\  I move it there because of small size of C disc. Will it work if it stays od D? I would move to D:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\ but it has to be D.  Wat.

Back to top Go down

Get Together - installation location Empty Re: Get Together - installation location

Post by Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 23:24

Hello there,

No, don't worry, the only point of that step is to get it out of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ folder. So you're all good, just continue with the steps! Smile
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Get Together - installation location Empty Re: Get Together - installation location

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 16:04

I had purchased the game before I started using your torrents and so my game has been in D:\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

Do I need to take it out of Origin Games for it to work? So putting it at D:\The Sims 4?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 13 Dec 2015, 21:40

jenstl wrote:I had purchased the game before I started using your torrents and so my game has been in D:\Origin Games\The Sims 4.

Do I need to take it out of Origin Games for it to work? So putting it at D:\The Sims 4?

Thanks!

If I recall correctly, this whole thing with "moving the install folder" only applies if you download(ed) the base game from Games4theworld. But leave your (Origin) install folder where it is. Do you get an "Origin must be running"-error ? If yes, then move it out. If you don't get an error like that, you know it's fine.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top