Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Location question - Sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Location question - Sims 4 Empty Location question - Sims 4

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 10:21

Hello,

I have seen your guides and how you don't recommend installing the game anywhere but to C drive. My C drive however is rather limited, and my secondary mounted physical drive is D. I went through your Sims 4 base game installer from the Pirate Bay and went through browse, changed my directory location substituting C for D and left everything else the same and it still loaded the game to C. Is it locked to C drive or something? Is there no way for me to move it to my other larger drive?

The reason I ask is because my husband asked that I install all my games and movies to D drive and keep C's limited capacity for application programs only. Another reason he asks me this is because a play my games with a TON of custom content and mods and the amount I use does take up a lot of space. I have the Sims 3 and the Sims 2 on my D drive and they work just fine.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Location question - Sims 4 Empty Re: Location question - Sims 4

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 25 Oct 2016, 10:53

Glitchie13 wrote:Hello,

I have seen your guides and how you don't recommend installing the game anywhere but to C drive. My C drive however is rather limited, and my secondary mounted physical drive is D. I went through your Sims 4 base game installer from the Pirate Bay and went through browse, changed my directory location substituting C for D and left everything else the same and it still loaded the game to C. Is it locked to C drive or something? Is there no way for me to move it to my other larger drive?

The reason I ask is because my husband asked that I install all my games and movies to D drive and keep C's limited capacity for application programs only. Another reason he asks me this is because a play my games with a TON of custom content and mods and the amount I use does take up a lot of space. I have the Sims 3 and the Sims 2 on my D drive and they work just fine.

Thanks

//MOVED

Hello,

Unfortunately, you will need to install the game on the C: drive first. After which you can manually move the folder to your D: drive. This is a technical disadvantage of the installer we are using, and we may re-release a modified base game in the future. But for the time being, I'm afraid you will need to do it this way. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 10:55

Simply move (not copy) the contents of the folder The Sims 4 from Program Files (x86) - Electronic Arts ,or any other location you have installed it, to your D drive (or USB stick / external HDD).
Make a shortcut from the new location - Game - Bin - TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe.
Add the new location to the exceptions of your anti-virus. (Not required when you use the 64-bits)

This is what I have done to enable me to play both the original Origin game (access to the Gallery) and the pirated games:
1. I made an .iso from the existing pirated game
2. Let Origin update the game on my hard drive (Origin cannot access an .iso so cannot alter the contents)

Now I can play both versions of the game whereby The folder My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 is used by both versions.
Downloads from the Gallery - as long as they are compatible - are availble in both versions.

Problem: When your Origin Game is updated, you'll get an error-message in the pirated game. In that case simply remove the file GameVersion from the sims 4 folder in My Documents.
You'll have to repeat this every time after you've played the original game.
When playing the pirated version you must of course make sure that Origin is not opened on your computer.

Advantage: With the .iso on an USB stick or external  HDD you can play the game without installation on any suitable computer. Just open the .iso, manouver to the folder Game - Bin and start the game with either TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Oct 2016, 11:50

Thanks you guys. I will do that. Tarac, I did get your ISO version, but then learned that it didn't give me the folders I needed for the custom content I use from ModtheSims and the SimsResource, so I did need it installed.

----

Got it! And it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top