Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

False Alarm Virus Giving Me Headache (Wont allow my game to run)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

False Alarm Virus Giving Me Headache (Wont allow my game to run) Empty False Alarm Virus Giving Me Headache (Wont allow my game to run)

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 00:44

So I installed the new expansion and ultimate fix correctly, but today after going in to start up the game, it gives me the 'origin is not running' message. This didn't happen before, and I don't know why its happening.

Windows 8 keeps notifying me about taking action against malware, so I go into Windows Defender and look at the quarantined items and I see that there's 'viruses'  in there. All originating from the folder, "C:\Users\...\Temp\Rar$DRa0.521\Game\Bin\RldOrigin.dll

I keep trying to get it to allow them but it refuses. How do I get rid of this?

Back to top Go down

False Alarm Virus Giving Me Headache (Wont allow my game to run) Empty Re: False Alarm Virus Giving Me Headache (Wont allow my game to run)

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 11:55

Hello! 

This is not advisable but have you tried turning off the windows defender any any other anti-virus you might have? Windows can be really persistent about 'cleaning' your system so sometimes they might delete these 'viruses' even if you have them excluded.

PS: when you first did the installation and applied the fixes, were you able to run the game per normal? Also just checking you have Get to Work installed before installing Get Together?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top