Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode Empty Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 12:31

[ltr]The game was FINALLY working perfectly last night.However this morning it would not launch so I re-cracked it using the 3DMGAME v6 crack. Now it works fine but every time I try to change patterns of walls, floors, or foundations or even just placing doors I get a black screen. If I try to go to desktop and then back into the game it goes into a black screen if I click just anything. I've already tried deleting all saved games and starting fresh but the same thing happens. Please help! Help [/ltr]

//EDIT

never mind I fixed it. If anyone else is having this bug it can be fixed by changed the resolution to 1280x800 as long as you are in build mode. once you're done switch to live mode and change the resolution back if you want.

//MOVED

Back to top Go down

Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode Empty Re: Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:07

good for you Smile 
did you download the game from piratebay or kickass ? Just curious

Back to top Go down

Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode Empty Re: Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:22

I had that problem too, but I fixed it by changing the compatibility of The.Sims.4.Launcher.exe and TS4.exe to windows 7 not the suggested windows XP(service pack 3). It's worked perfectly since then. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:20

pinkscream wrote:[ltr]The game was FINALLY working perfectly last night.However this morning it would not launch so I re-cracked it using the 3DMGAME v6 crack. Now it works fine but every time I try to change patterns of walls, floors, or foundations or even just placing doors I get a black screen. If I try to go to desktop and then back into the game it goes into a black screen if I click just anything. I've already tried deleting all saved games and starting fresh but the same thing happens. Please help! Help [/ltr]

//EDIT

never mind I fixed it. If anyone else is having this bug it can be fixed by changed the resolution to 1280x800 as long as you are in build mode. once you're done switch to live mode and change the resolution back if you want.

Hello pinkscream,

I don't get that "glitch". However, I get the "unrecognized video card" pop-up upon the first startup of the game. Razz  That said, by default, my video settings are all on high or very high, so my video card is more than capable of handling the game.

Out of curiosity (if you want to share this here), what is the graphics card you are using ? Smile  And what about the drivers...are they up-to-date ?  If you still keep getting that "glitch" no matter what, you might lower your resolution straight away to 1280 x 800...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 13 Sep 2014, 20:16

I got it from piratebay but of course there is a TON of non-working torrents there too. My graphics card is Raedon280x and the drivers are up to date. 1280x800 looks too big to actually play this way so I only use it for build mode.
thnx for the windows 7 tip, I'll try it now.

//EDIT

Changing the compatibility to windows 7 did the trick Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:38

pinkscream wrote:I got it from piratebay but of course there is a TON of non-working torrents there too. My graphics card is Raedon280x and the drivers are up to date. 1280x800 looks too big to actually play this way so I only use it for build mode.
thnx for the windows 7 tip, I'll try it now.

//EDIT

Changing the compatibility to windows 7 did the trick Game keeps giving me a black screen in build mode Icon_biggrin

Interesting, since I didn't have to change my compatibility settings either, but OK. Razz  Do keep us posted, if you want. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top