Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour Empty Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour

Post by Guest Thu 17 Dec 2015, 07:12

Just as the title says, after I select a town the loading screen just infinitely shows me a spinning plumbob.

I even tried on a new save, same thing happens.

Since I can exit normally, I have to close the application through task manager (windows 8 ) and it says that the game is running 32 bit, even though its supposed to run 64 bit.

I dont know if that helps much but yeah WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour Empty Re: Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 17 Dec 2015, 17:15

HelloLove98 wrote:Just as the title says, after I select a town the loading screen just infinitely shows me a spinning plumbob.

I even tried on a new save, same thing happens.

Since I can exit normally, I have to close the application through task manager (windows 8 ) and it says that the game is running 32 bit, even though its supposed to run 64 bit.

I dont know if that helps much but yeah WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello again,

Have you tried renaming your folder "The Sims 4", located in Documents\Electronic Arts ? Into anything else ? Please try that and re-run the game. Make a new sim for the moment, and try playing on. Tell us what happens then.

Good luck !

P.S. also make sure to try BOTH the TS4.exe as well as the TS4_x64.exe, for running the game !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour Empty Re: Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour

Post by Guest Fri 18 Dec 2015, 00:39

Hello

So I tried your suggestion and this is what it shows me:

Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour Untitl11

UPDATE:

So I learned that my RAM is 3.6 GB (Under 4 GB)

How can I increase this because I'd really like to run the game on 64 bit Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Dec 2015, 15:17

HelloLove98 wrote:Hello

So I tried your suggestion and this is what it shows me:

Game stuck on loading screen after town selection for an hour Untitl11

UPDATE:

So I learned that my RAM is 3.6 GB (Under 4 GB)

How can I increase this because I'd really like to run the game on 64 bit Sad

Hello again and sorry for the late reply,

If you ask me, the 32-bit .exe file of the game is more than sufficient for this type of game. If you really want to use the 64-bit executable, you would need to buy new (and stronger) RAM modules and put them in your computer, or have them built in by someone else if you feel too insecure about it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top