Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPPPP!!!! The Sims 3 Store Updates wonttt workkkkkk !!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELPPPP!!!! The Sims 3 Store Updates wonttt workkkkkk !!! [SOLVED] Empty HELPPPP!!!! The Sims 3 Store Updates wonttt workkkkkk !!! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 02:40

Alright so let me give everyone a full detailed summary of everything I have installed and maybe it will help someone answer my question.

I have The Sims 3, WA, FL, LN, H-EL, and Ambitions installed. These games were purchased.

Now... I also have OL, Generations, and TL installed and fully updated, although these were downloaded from G4TW. Each game has worked without much difficulty.

I have the Ultimate Fix installed which DEFINATELY helped my game play.

I have no Mods except for the spellbook fix.

Now this is where Im having issues. I installed The Sims 3 Store Updates minus the most recent September Update I believe. I definately know the most recent one I installed contained the spellbook.

Everything worked fine at first. I opened WinRar and had the files extracted to the downloads folder.

The launcher worked properly and everything was installed.

YAY!!!! It worked it the game and I have a blast with all the new content.

Well rain on my parade... all of a sudden everything uninstalled itself. I opened the game and it said some content could not be loaded and were replaced by in-game content.

I reinstalled it all.... Worked great... then uninstalled itself days later...

Why does my Store Content keep uninstalling itself....?

PLEASE HELPPPP!

//EDIT

NOTE: Everything shows up in the Launcher under downloads but refuses to stay installed in the game Sad

Back to top Go down

HELPPPP!!!! The Sims 3 Store Updates wonttt workkkkkk !!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: HELPPPP!!!! The Sims 3 Store Updates wonttt workkkkkk !!! [SOLVED]

Post by Narong30 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 06:33

Weird problem for me.... Anyway, wait for Lady Eldi guide... maybe she do have guide for you. Otherwise, Admin will be here soon...

Meanwhile, you and me should do research how to solve your problem Smile www.google.com Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

HELPPPP!!!! The Sims 3 Store Updates wonttt workkkkkk !!! [SOLVED] Empty Re: HELPPPP!!!! The Sims 3 Store Updates wonttt workkkkkk !!! [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 12 Oct 2011, 09:54

Hello,
I have never heard of this problem before!
I've found this on the subject. The writing is a little difficult to read but the solution might be good. Anything else on the subject is about installing store content thus, not relevant.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 18:29

Alright before I start moving around files and such, I wanna see if what I took from this solution is correct. From what I gathered... *. ebc and missingdeps.idx must be removed from the DCCache folder and placed on the desktop. Now everything with show up as uninstalled. Copy and Paste the custom content back in the downloads folder and install it using the launcher. Close the launcher, and reopen and this is considered to be a solution. The language was a little difficult to understand for the instructions weren't clearly executed. Does this sound right?

//EDIT

During my search for a solution I stumbled upon this from TS3.com forums. I reinstalled all the content and if it deletes itself again I am going to try these steps. But in case anyone else is having the same issue... Here is what I found....
When you download and install something in the
launcher the data goes into your DCCache folder. Normaly there are 3 or
4 files. in this folder but if something is corrupt I have had about 10
files.

What I did was (First backup any files you delete.) uninstall my
downloads in the launcher and close it. Delete all files inside DCCache, DCBackup, and InstalledWorlds. Do not
delete anything in the Downloads folder. (If you don't uninstall the
worlds you might end up with multiple copies of each installed world.)

Next I deleted my 4 cache files in (Im on XP Pro might be in another location for you):

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

(all the files and the folders should be here)

Cache files to delete:

CASPartCache.package, scriptCache.package, compositorCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package

Start up your launcher and have it install fresh copies of your downloads.

You might even find a slightly faster load time after everything is rebuilt.

You could also try only removing missingdeps.idx from the DCCache folder and restart the game. However it might be better to have fewer files and less chance of it recorrupting the data.

I will respond if this procedure works, should my game continue to uninstall its store content.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:07

Hello,
That seems a lot clearer. I'm interested in your findings, I may want to try this myself if it works.

//EDIT

I've tried this and it seems to be working, worlds I could no longer access are available to me now. Including my own creation, Yay! Very Happy
I don't know about store updates, I didn't seem to be missing anything but since I have all of them, I really wouldn't miss a handful. I'm moving this solution to the fixes section.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 06:11

Im glad we found a solution to the problem since many are receiving the same issues. Although, I am happy to say that I found the cause of all the mishap. It appears that the Create-A-Pet Demo is the source.

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 07:14

WoW!!!

Nice job TS. And congratulation, this guide can help other people too Smile
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 18 Oct 2011, 09:15

thnyouwokeup wrote:Im glad we found a solution to the problem since many are receiving the same issues. Although, I am happy to say that I found the cause of all the mishap. It appears that the Create-A-Pet Demo is the source.

Ah yes, I could've told you that had I know you had the demo. Great to hear that you've figured it out, happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1
And topic closed Wink
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top