Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't change the language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't change the language Empty Can't change the language

Post by Guest Fri 18 Dec 2015, 20:29

Hello there,
I downloaded the newest ultimate fix and followed every step of the instructions but somehow the fix changed the language from german to english and I don't know why... I know I could change the language via the Registry path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4" but it's already like it should be. "C:\Program Files (x86)The Sims 4\__Installer\GDFBinary_de_DE.dll" and "de_DE". I tried changing it to english and back to german but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do Wat. What else can I try?

Edit: I figured out that if I try to run the game via TS4.exe, it wants to start via Origin but the short intro - before the origin error pops up - is in german. And if I want to start it via TS4_x64.exe, it doesn't want to start via Origin but it's also in english. I have the 64-bit version of Windows 10

Last edited by CherrysBonbons on Fri 18 Dec 2015, 20:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more informations)

Back to top Go down

Can't change the language Empty Re: Can't change the language

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Dec 2015, 21:24

CherrysBonbons wrote:Hello there,
I downloaded the newest ultimate fix and followed every step of the instructions but somehow the fix changed the language from german to english and I don't know why... I know I could change the language via the Registry path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 4" but it's already like it should be. "C:\Program Files (x86)The Sims 4\__Installer\GDFBinary_de_DE.dll" and "de_DE". I tried changing it to english and back to german but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do Wat. What else can I try?

Edit: I figured out that if I try to run the game via TS4.exe, it wants to start via Origin but the short intro - before the origin error pops up - is in german. And if I want to start it via TS4_x64.exe, it doesn't want to start via Origin but it's also in english. I have the 64-bit version of Windows 10

Hello,

Are you sure you have moved out the installation folder of "The Sims 4", out of Electronic Arts, and into a different location ? For example, directly under "Program files(x86)" ? 

Not sure if it helps, but you may also need to insert the German-language names of the filepath, into the registry entry of "GDFBinary". Assuming your Windows 10 has German as the display language, replace the "Program files(x86)" with whatever it is called in German. Smile

Another user encountered the exact same issue with the TS4.exe, but somehow she magically (?) overcame the error. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to give more precise feedback, than that. But we'll see about your problem too.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Dec 2015, 21:58

Yes, the location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4"

And my Windows automatically named it like that. The path ("C:\Program Files (x86)") never had been "german". So I don't think I have to change the name of the filepath in Registry... Plus it worked like that every time before. But I tried it right now and rebooted my PC, too, but the game is still english WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Edit: I tried changing the language to other ones and it didn't affected the in-game language, too scratch Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 19:28

I have the same problem, TS4_x64 works but is in english, TS4.exe gives me origin error. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Dec 2015, 22:44

CherrysBonbons wrote:Yes, the location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4"

And my Windows automatically named it like that. The path ("C:\Program Files (x86)") never had been "german". So I don't think I have to change the name of the filepath in Registry... Plus it worked like that every time before. But I tried it right now and rebooted my PC, too, but the game is still english WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Edit: I tried changing the language to other ones and it didn't affected the in-game language, too scratch Question

Laurawr wrote:I have the same problem, TS4_x64 works but is in english, TS4.exe gives me origin error. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Sorry for the late reply,

Have you made sure that Windows Defender and/or your main anti-virus systems do not interfere with the TS4.exe ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 23:32

Yes, I added the told folders, all of the game's .exe and .dll files to the exceptions list.

But well...
I downloaded Get To Work and Get Together with Torrent again, then downloaded the Ultimate Fix, too, and "installed" it. While the files were extracted from the RAR files to the installation folder of "The Sims 4", BitDefender (antivirus) reported something so I opened "quarantine" and saw "C:\\Users\Laptop\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa0.020\Game\RldOrigin.dll" has been detected as infected. I think it was the file path WinRAR was using while extracting "RldOrigin.dll" to my TS4 folder. I restored it before the "Replace files"-popup appeared.
BitDefender detected this file every time I wanted to unpack a TS4.RAR file and I restored it like before. TS4_x64.exe is still in English but TS4.exe is now working in German and no origin error pops up.

I'll just keep using TS4.exe until someone finds out what's up with that 64-bit version or until the new fix comes out 

@Laurawr
Maybe your antivirus software does the same thing like mine?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 20:21

Carlos wrote:
CherrysBonbons wrote:Yes, the location is "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4"

Laurawr wrote:I have the same problem, TS4_x64 works but is in english, TS4.exe gives me origin error. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Sorry for the late reply,

Have you made sure that Windows Defender and/or your main anti-virus systems do not interfere with the TS4.exe ?

I had everything possible shut down so no, they couldnt interfere with the TS4.exe.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Dec 2015, 21:40

CherrysBonbons wrote:Yes, I added the told folders, all of the game's .exe and .dll files to the exceptions list.

But well...
I downloaded Get To Work and Get Together with Torrent again, then downloaded the Ultimate Fix, too, and "installed" it. While the files were extracted from the RAR files to the installation folder of "The Sims 4", BitDefender (antivirus) reported something so I opened "quarantine" and saw "C:\\Users\Laptop\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa0.020\Game\RldOrigin.dll" has been detected as infected. I think it was the file path WinRAR was using while extracting "RldOrigin.dll" to my TS4 folder. I restored it before the "Replace files"-popup appeared.
BitDefender detected this file every time I wanted to unpack a TS4.RAR file and I restored it like before. TS4_x64.exe is still in English but TS4.exe is now working in German and no origin error pops up.

I'll just keep using TS4.exe until someone finds out what's up with that 64-bit version or until the new fix comes out 

@Laurawr
Maybe your antivirus software does the same thing like mine?

Laurawr wrote:
I had everything possible shut down so no, they couldnt interfere with the TS4.exe.

@CherrysBonbons, nice to hear. Smile  I'm assuming that the TS4_x64.exe being in English is due to an error on the side of the person who cracked it. But I may be wrong of course.

@Laurawr, what is your anti-virus program ? Have you considered un-installing it, ad then re-booting the computer ? After that please re-apply the files from "Get together" (the latest release). This thing with the anti-virus is the only explanation we have, right now, unfortunately...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top