Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aaa

View previous topic View next topic Go down

aaa Empty aaa

Post by Guest Fri 25 Dec 2015, 09:47

A

Last edited by dougbrit2 on Tue 22 Aug 2017, 18:22; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

aaa Empty Re: aaa

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Dec 2015, 09:56

dougbrit2 wrote:I've been planning on buying the sims 4 for a while now, but wow does it add up. I was wondering if this game operates like The Sims 1, 2 & 3 with expansion/stuff packs?

In the Sims 1, 2, & 3 I've always bought the base game and the current Expansion pack (for example I own the sims 3 & the last expansion about the future only) then I torrent all the stuff/expansion pack between. The launcher for all the games has only had to validate the newest version of the game is genuine.

Could somebody help me in this question? I could not find any any threads or google searches about this. If I buy the base game and Get together on Origin, can I torrent the packs in between or has EA changed the DRM to detect this?

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You can also torrent all Sims 4 games, from Games4theworld's official download page here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

The general difficulty in dealing with pirated Sims 4 games (or DLC) is that you will need to learn how to configure anti-virus exclusions properly. Some threads that should give you an initial idea about the issue:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

As well as Sim Architect's video guide here.

There is no point in buying legit games, if you play on adding pirated content. You will need to add the pirated files anyhow, and thereby also confiure your anti-virus exclusions. So it's probably better to pirate everything straight away.

P.S. and no, The Sims 4 is in no way comparable to earlier Sims titles, at least as far as the technical installation aspects are concerned.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum