Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged. Empty Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged.

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 02:13

Help Please help! I've installed and reinstalled 4 times and I'm getting the same error message each time. I extracted with both Winrar and Winzip and it still doesn't work. Noob

Last edited by metrice2121 on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:45; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Image didn't add)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged. Empty Re: Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged.

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 07:38

Can you post a screenshot of the error please?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged. Empty Re: Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged.

Post by Guest Mon 27 Oct 2014, 21:49

Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged. Untitl11

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 27 Oct 2014, 22:29

metrice2121 wrote:Sims 4 Unable to Start: Required game data is missing or damaged. Untitl11

Hello metrice,

Can you un-install the game first of all ? And then please RE-BOOT the computer.

After that, extract all contents of the download with WinRAR, into a folder on your C: drive. The extracted content must be on C: And then try re-installing again. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 12:17

Hello, lots of people have had this problem and I want to tell you 3 steps which may or may not work for you:

1. Get the latest crack or fix from Gamesfortheworlds forum. 
2. Make sure Origin is not running in the background
3. (This is the one that helped me alot) You delete your game icon which is on the desktop if it just says TS4. Then you go into the base game, probably in Program Files  (86x), Electronic Arts, The Sims 4, Game, Bin. Find the TS4 icon, right click, and then click Send to- Desktop (Create a shortcut). The new icon will say TS4-Shortcut

Once you done that maybe your game can start working! I hope this helps many people!

Luna 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jul 2015, 18:46

LunaDreams wrote:Hello, lots of people have had this problem and I want to tell you 3 steps which may or may not work for you:

3. (This is the one that helped me alot) You delete your game icon which is on the desktop if it just says TS4. Then you go into the base game, probably in Program Files  (86x), Electronic Arts, The Sims 4, Game, Bin. Find the TS4 icon, right click, and then click Send to- Desktop (Create a shortcut). The new icon will say TS4-Shortcut

Once you done that maybe your game can start working! I hope this helps many people!

Luna 
Hi, I'm having this same problem (exact same message as OP posted a screenshot of) and I've tried all of the things you mentioned. I was having no problems just a few days ago when I played last. Do I have any other options besides a complete reinstall?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jul 2015, 13:12

oh thanks, i been got sims 4 working,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jul 2015, 05:08

NoOtherStream wrote:
LunaDreams wrote:Hello, lots of people have had this problem and I want to tell you 3 steps which may or may not work for you:

Luna 
Hi, I'm having this same problem (exact same message as OP posted a screenshot of) and I've tried all of the things you mentioned. I was having no problems just a few days ago when I played last. Do I have any other options besides a complete reinstall?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear it's not working for you. I have another suggestion, did you install the two programs needed to work it? If you didn't please do it as it may help you:

1. Go into Program Files (86x), Electronic Arts, The Sims 4, _Installer, vc, vc2013, redist, and install the program that is the same version as your computer.

2. To find you computer version go into Computer, right click anywhere on the white space, click properties, look for system type and it should say eg. 64 bit operating system.

Will this help?

Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jul 2015, 00:44

LunaDreams wrote:
NoOtherStream wrote:

Luna 
Hi, I'm sorry to hear it's not working for you. I have another suggestion, did you install the two programs needed to work it? If you didn't please do it as it may help you:

1. Go into Program Files (86x), Electronic Arts, The Sims 4, _Installer, vc, vc2013, redist, and install the program that is the same version as your computer.

2. To find you computer version go into Computer, right click anywhere on the white space, click properties, look for system type and it should say eg. 64 bit operating system.

Will this help?

Luna
Thanks, I had done that already. Luckily after 4-5 uninstall/re-install attempts, it seems to be working now. No idea what caused the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top