Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest two expansions packs not showing up in Launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest two expansions packs not showing up in Launcher Empty Latest two expansions packs not showing up in Launcher

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016, 10:32

Hello,
After years of loyalty to games4theworld, I finally uninstalled all of my Sims 3 games and reinstalled them using a different torrent. For years I had played the Sims 3 without World Adventures, because after following the installation instructions (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) and applying the sims 3 fix (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems), the World Adventures expansion pack just never worked for me. When clicking on the play button, it would say something to the tune of "no disk image found" or so on. Because I had once owned this expansion pack and really wanted to play it again, I decided to try out a different torrent. After following their installation instructions, all of the expansion packs showed up as being installed in the Sims 3 game launcher. I booted up the game and everything went fine, until at the initial loading screen, the bar filled to green and the game suddenly crashed, giving a generic "unresponsive" error. I then downloaded the manual patch and ultimate fix from games4theworld, thinking that it would work as always. However, after carefully following the fix' instructions, patching the game, and applying the crack, the two latest expansion packs are now grayed out in the launcher. 

Any help with this solution would be appreciated. 
If this problem can't be solved, I would appreciate assistance in installing the Sims 3 World Adventures correctly, since that is the only expansion pack that I ever had trouble with from games4theworld and it has unique and very complicated installation instructions included.

Thank you for any help.

Back to top Go down

Latest two expansions packs not showing up in Launcher Empty Re: Latest two expansions packs not showing up in Launcher

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:10

characterbuilder wrote:Hello,
After years of loyalty to games4theworld, I finally uninstalled all of my Sims 3 games and reinstalled them using a different torrent. For years I had played the Sims 3 without World Adventures, because after following the installation instructions (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly) and applying the sims 3 fix (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems), the World Adventures expansion pack just never worked for me. When clicking on the play button, it would say something to the tune of "no disk image found" or so on. Because I had once owned this expansion pack and really wanted to play it again, I decided to try out a different torrent. After following their installation instructions, all of the expansion packs showed up as being installed in the Sims 3 game launcher. I booted up the game and everything went fine, until at the initial loading screen, the bar filled to green and the game suddenly crashed, giving a generic "unresponsive" error. I then downloaded the manual patch and ultimate fix from games4theworld, thinking that it would work as always. However, after carefully following the fix' instructions, patching the game, and applying the crack, the two latest expansion packs are now grayed out in the launcher. 

Any help with this solution would be appreciated. 
If this problem can't be solved, I would appreciate assistance in installing the Sims 3 World Adventures correctly, since that is the only expansion pack that I ever had trouble with from games4theworld and it has unique and very complicated installation instructions included.

Thank you for any help.

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @characterbuilder,

As for your current issue with the "two latest expansions not showing up", I probably won't bother to try giving suggestions on that one, because this is a non-Games4theworld torrent and hence I am not familiar with it. But will try and help with your World Adventures problem. Smile

There isn't much behind installing World Adventures though, but the first thing is that the instructions inside the download are outdated, so please ignore them.

You install World Adventures just like any other expansion. After which you re-apply the 1.67 manual patch. And then the Ultimate fix. Note that the two files inside the fix (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) must be copied and pasted into the following location.

C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Replace the existing files when prompted. And then run the game from that TS3W.exe (or make a desktop shortcut). Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top