Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest 3 packs/expansions not working. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest 3 packs/expansions not working. [SOLVED] Empty Latest 3 packs/expansions not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2018, 22:07

I installed Jungle Adventure, My First Pet Stuff Pack and Seasons today, in that order, but none of them work. I haven't gotten the "Your collection" icons in the main menu, nor the pop-up introducing new packs installed, nor any of the new stuff included. I installed them the same way I have all previous packs/expansions by copy/pasting all files from the downloaded .rar file into the  C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 folder, and the new folders (GP06, SP14 and EP05) show up in there now along with all the other GP, SP and EP folders from previous packs/extensions. My game worked perfectly until today. My antivirus also detected and quarantined OrangeEmu.dll as a trojan, if that matters in solving this issue. I also installed the latest update patch after Seasons.

I did the Sims 4 Validator thing as I saw on another topic that it could help. Details below. 

report:

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 08 Jul 2018, 15:52; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added "SOLVED" to the title)

Back to top Go down

Latest 3 packs/expansions not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Latest 3 packs/expansions not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 01:59

Do you still have Get Together release? Because "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" is broken and you need to replace it with proper one.

Missing "game/bin/orangeemu.dll" should not be a problem if you start the game with TS4_x64.exe.

You can delete all files listed under "unknown files".

Back to top Go down

Latest 3 packs/expansions not working. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Latest 3 packs/expansions not working. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 10:30

anadius1 wrote:Do you still have Get Together release? Because "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" is broken and you need to replace it with proper one.

Missing "game/bin/orangeemu.dll" should not be a problem if you start the game with TS4_x64.exe.

Do not delete game/bin/core/winhttp.dll when you also play via ZLOrigin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 13:28

anadius1 wrote:Do you still have Get Together release? Because "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" is broken and you need to replace it with proper one.

I haven't uninstalled or removed any files. Do I have to download the Get Together expansion pack again? And can I install it on top of the rest or do I need to uninstall everything and start from the bottom?  Wat.

The orangeemu.dll I'm ignoring as I use the TS4_x64.exe - and I can start my game up just fine, the three new expansions just won't show up which is the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 13:29

Tarac wrote:

Do not delete game/bin/core/winhttp.dll when you also play via ZLOrigin

I don't play via ZLOrigin, not that I know of; I run the TS4_x64.exe as admin and it opens my game without any Origin interference. Should I still save those files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 13:40

Camiracundus wrote:Do I have to download the Get Together expansion pack again? And can I install it on top of the rest or do I need to uninstall everything and start from the bottom?  Wat.

I meant if you still have .rar file from G4TW.

If you have it, open it and extract just the "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" file.

If you don't, download and install Get Together using my installers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 13:50

anadius1 wrote:
Camiracundus wrote:Do I have to download the Get Together expansion pack again? And can I install it on top of the rest or do I need to uninstall everything and start from the bottom?  Wat.

I meant if you still have .rar file from G4TW.

If you have it, open it and extract just the "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" file.

If you don't, download and install Get Together using my installers.

I'll be using yours as I don't have the .rar anymore; I delete them as soon as they're installed and the game works. 
What do I need to do once I've downloaded the Get Together from your installers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 14:24

Install it. Razz TBH that's just to fix hash mismatch for "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" file.

I'm still not sure why you don't see those 3 DLCs... Are you sure you're running the game using exe from "Game\Bin" and not "Game__\Bin"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Jul 2018, 14:30

anadius1 wrote:Install it. Razz TBH that's just to fix hash mismatch for "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" file.

I'm still not sure why you don't see those 3 DLCs... Are you sure you're running the game using exe from "Game\Bin" and not "Game__\Bin"?

That's a very good question.. it's quite possible the shortcut I use is from one of the older Game folders. I'll install your installer for the Get Together file, then create a new shortcut from the actual game folder, see if that fixes my issue. I'll be back shortly with news whether it worked or not

//EDIT

anadius1 wrote:Install it. Razz TBH that's just to fix hash mismatch for "ep02/clientfullbuild0.package" file.

Creating and using a new shortcut from the actual game folder solved my issue - I got the new start menu icons plus the popup introductions for the three expansions that didn't show before. Thank you so much for your help!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top