Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't install The Sims 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Can't install The Sims 2. Empty Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 17:07

Hi, 

I've tried installing Sims 2 University on my windows 10 after successfully installing the base game. 

After the Sims 2 University installed, it prompts that the game needs to be updated. After pressing okay, another prompt appeared stating that it is unable to update and the installed automatically un-installed. Can someone help me with this matter please? Smile

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't install The Sims 2. Empty Re: Can't install The Sims 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Jan 2016, 23:55

AriyaChoi wrote:Hi, 

I've tried installing Sims 2 University on my windows 10 after successfully installing the base game. 

After the Sims 2 University installed, it prompts that the game needs to be updated. After pressing okay, another prompt appeared stating that it is unable to update and the installed automatically un-installed. Can someone help me with this matter please? Smile

Hello and welcome to the forum @AriyaChoi,

That's an interesting error and I'm not sure what to respond here actually.  Facepalm  Try this though. Skip "University" for now, and go on with the installation of "Open for business". Continue with the rest of the steps, until the last expansion pack "Apartment life".

Once you finished installing Apartment Life, please try installing University again. Good luck !

P.S. I know this is against the recommended install order written in the guide, but during my testing, I found that you can "mix it up" a little. I suggested the particular install order mainly to avoid confusion, and for simplicity.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can't install The Sims 2. Empty I can't install Sims 2

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 18:24

Hi, I managed to install the base of The Sims 2, but when I tried to install the expansions, asks me for Cd/DvD 1.
Help me, please Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 23:45

You need to take University, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff and take them out of a folder than the install will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 00:15

Goncaloska wrote:Hi, I managed to install the base of The Sims 2, but when I tried to install the expansions, asks me for Cd/DvD 1.
Help me, please Smile

What the previous poster said. Smile

CHall10006 wrote:You need to take University, Open for Business, Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff and take them out of a folder than the install will work.

Some people don't get the errors with all of these packs though. I myself only got them with University and Open for business. Luckily, it seems to be easily fixable. @Goncaloska, for the future, it would be cool if you opened a new topic for your own issues, instead of posting under someone else's topic, because it makes it easier for team members to provide individual help. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 13:02

Carlos wrote:
AriyaChoi wrote:Hi, 

Hello and welcome to the forum @AriyaChoi,

That's an interesting error and I'm not sure what to respond here actually.  Facepalm  Try this though. Skip "University" for now, and go on with the installation of "Open for business". Continue with the rest of the steps, until the last expansion pack "Apartment life".

Once you finished installing Apartment Life, please try installing University again. Good luck !

P.S. I know this is against the recommended install order written in the guide, but during my testing, I found that you can "mix it up" a little. I suggested the particular install order mainly to avoid confusion, and for simplicity.

Hi ,

I've tried installing as how you told me. i've install from base, open for biz up to season but i'm not able to install the rest. it has the same prompt as the university pac.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:39

AriyaChoi wrote:
Hi ,

I've tried installing as how you told me. i've install from base, open for biz up to season but i'm not able to install the rest. it has the same prompt as the university pac.

Did you make sure to have ALL available Windows updates downloaded and installed ? And did you also install the patches that are in the expansions, beginning in "Open for business" ?

Plus, did you use WinRAR for extracting the download content of the "TS2 Complete Collection" ? Only use WinRAR, and no other program, to avoid possible data corruption during the extraction.

I'm also curious about whether running the installers as Administrators can make a difference here. If you haven't tried it yet, right-click on the autorun.exe files and choose "run as Administrator".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 19:06

I moved everything to my desktop. And now everything is working fine. Thank you guys for this download!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 19:54

xshamla wrote:I moved everything to my desktop. And now everything is working fine. Thank you guys for this download!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum @xshamla, Smile

That's good to hear ! Have fun with the game, and feel free to get in touch with us anytime you need support with anything we can help with (open a new topic then).

Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top