Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 University install: The Sims 2 Pets was not properly installed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 University install: The Sims 2 Pets was not properly installed. Empty The Sims 2 University install: The Sims 2 Pets was not properly installed.

Post by Guest Sun 11 Dec 2016, 01:08

Hi, my first post here!

I tried installing the Sims 2 University EP, but as soon as it finishes installing, it says: The Sims 2 Pets is not installed or properly installed. Please install or reinstall. I hit okay, and it uninstalls the whole pack. I've tried moving it to a different location, but nothing changes.

I hope you can help me! Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 University install: The Sims 2 Pets was not properly installed. Empty Re: The Sims 2 University install: The Sims 2 Pets was not properly installed.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 11 Dec 2016, 10:47

Hello,

Welcome to the forum! Smile

Back when I used to play TS2, I always dreaded the re-installation. 

From what I remember, it had to be installed in order of release for it to work properly so, if you had already installed Pets, and wanted to install University, that would cause a conflict of some sort. I think you have to go back to having just the base game installed (restart your pc after you uninstall any packs) and then start with the University pack followed by (if you wanted to install everything) "Nightlife" and "Open for Business" respectively, before installing the Pets expansion.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 University install: The Sims 2 Pets was not properly installed. Empty Re: The Sims 2 University install: The Sims 2 Pets was not properly installed.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Dec 2016, 23:59

misssweetmercy wrote:Hi, my first post here!

I tried installing the Sims 2 University EP, but as soon as it finishes installing, it says: The Sims 2 Pets is not installed or properly installed. Please install or reinstall. I hit okay, and it uninstalls the whole pack. I've tried moving it to a different location, but nothing changes.

I hope you can help me! Thank you Smile

Hello,

Did you have any Sims 2 game installed on that computer sometime earlier? If so, there might be some conflict with the new installation you are trying to set up. Check out the guide here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Uninstall

You might want to start over, with properly removing all possible program leftovers. When you are finished, please re-boot the computer (very important!). And then start with installing the base game, and so forth. you should also use WinRAR form extracting the contents of our download.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top