Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing Custom Music?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Importing Custom Music? Empty Importing Custom Music?

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 20:37

I browsed around and couldn't find an answer to this one, so I figured I'd ask. Are you able to import your own music to The Sims 3? I know you can do it with a legal copy of the game, but I have tried to do it the way I did on the legal copy I used to have and the method doesn't work. Is there something I am missing? If someone could give me detailed instructions on how to do it, that would be super awesome.

Back to top Go down

Importing Custom Music? Empty Re: Importing Custom Music?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 01:39

Aminathius wrote:I browsed around and couldn't find an answer to this one, so I figured I'd ask. Are you able to import your own music to The Sims 3? I know you can do it with a legal copy of the game, but I have tried to do it the way I did on the legal copy I used to have and the method doesn't work. Is there something I am missing? If someone could give me detailed instructions on how to do it, that would be super awesome.

Hello and welcome to the forum @Aminathius,

Have you made sure to put the .mp3 files (the songs must be in .mp3 format) into the correct file location ? That is (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Custom Music. In-game, when clicking on a stereo, make sure to choose the "custom music" station.

Also, some people recommend to have .mp3 files with bitrates lower (!) than 320kbit/s, but I'm not sure if all people need to do that. Feel free to try it on your own, if you haven't done so yet. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top