Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom music error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom music error. Empty Custom music error.

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:01

Hi! 

I downloaded and installed all sims games correctly a while back, it worked perfectly fine. 
But today i encountered a weird issue, i can no long play any custom music in-game.

I have looked all over the internet and i dont find any solution that i havent tried.

All songs are mp3 files, and no bigger 320 kbs. I copy, pasted all songs into the custom music folder aswell.

Ive also run the ultimate fix today. Didnt help it either.

Back to top Go down

Custom music error. Empty Re: Custom music error.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Jan 2016, 20:18

Emmapenna wrote:Hi! 

I downloaded and installed all sims games correctly a while back, it worked perfectly fine. 
But today i encountered a weird issue, i can no long play any custom music in-game.

I have looked all over the internet and i dont find any solution that i havent tried.

All songs are mp3 files, and no bigger 320 kbs. I copy, pasted all songs into the custom music folder aswell.

Ive also run the ultimate fix today. Didnt help it either.

Welcome to the forum @Emmapenna and sorry for the late reply,

Try this: navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\ and change the name of the folder "The Sims 4" into anything else. Start up the game, and exit again. Navigate back to the folder location and you will see a new folder "The Sims 4" has been created.

Go back to your old folder (the one you renamed initially) and copy all your relevant stuff. The subfolders named Mods, Custom music, saves, etc. Now paste those folders into the new folder "The Sims 4", that was freshly created. Replace existing files/folders when prompted.

Now fire up the game again, and navigate to the radio station where you put your custom songs into. See if they play there. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top