Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PROBLEM with the 1.67.2 update!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PROBLEM with the 1.67.2 update! Empty PROBLEM with the 1.67.2 update!

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 17:53

So, I downloadedlong ago the sims 3 complete collection (games4theworld) from piratebay. It has worked nice. Today I decided to uninstall and reinstall it again, so it would work even better. I've almost survived, I installed the base game and prepared to load the newest update, which was in the #CRACK file (TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update). It was almost fully loaded, but it soon error occurred and it stated that it can't find file named C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Packs\TS3SP09\paul550a.rra, so I went to the file to see what's the problem and the ending really is different from that. It's \paul402b.rra .. What should I do? I need to update the latest patch Sad

Back to top Go down

PROBLEM with the 1.67.2 update! Empty Re: PROBLEM with the 1.67.2 update!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:09

Setha wrote:So, I downloadedlong ago the sims 3 complete collection (games4theworld) from piratebay. It has worked nice. Today I decided to uninstall and reinstall it again, so it would work even better. I've almost survived, I installed the base game and prepared to load the newest update, which was in the #CRACK file (TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update). It was almost fully loaded, but it soon error occurred and it stated that it can't find file named C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Packs\TS3SP09\paul550a.rra, so I went to the file to see what's the problem and the ending really is different from that. It's \paul402b.rra .. What should I do? I need to update the latest patch Sad

Hello and welcome to the forum @Setha,

I'm almost sure that this problem is due to leftover registry entries or files. The best thing I can suggest for now is this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19018-un-installing-the-sims-3-a-reference-guide

It's a bit cumbersome to read, but you should follow the steps shown there and manually remove everything. Then please re-boot the computer. And after that, start afresh with re-installing the base game of Sims 3, applying the 1.67 manual patch, and so on.

Make sure to use WinRAR only, for extracting the download contents of the "TS3: Complete Collection". Also, some people recommend running the manual patch as "Administrator" (right-click on the file -> "run as Administrator"). Good luck for the moment. Smile

P.S. one more thing maybe:

Setha wrote:So, I downloadedlong ago the sims 3 complete collection (games4theworld) from piratebay. It has worked nice. Today I decided to uninstall and reinstall it again, so it would work even better

For the future, you should avoid doing these things, if at all possible. If everything worked nice, why did you decide to uninstall everything ? Of course, you don't have to tell us the "why", but still. Uninstalling and reinstalling very rarely solves problems on Windows OS, and in fact, if not done properly, it can cause you even more problems. I don't know how Mac OS and Linux work in this respect, but on Windows, you should only uninstall things if you are absolutely sure that it will help you. 

Never try and fix an issue when everything is working just fine  Exclamation
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top