Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really not sure where to post this, but could really use some help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Really not sure where to post this, but could really use some help Empty Really not sure where to post this, but could really use some help

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 22:32

I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection for Mac torrent, then attempted to follow the directions. First step says to install the base game, so I tried to open 'The Sims 3 Installer' and got an error message saying 'The application 'The Sims 3 Installer' could not be opened". I then tried opening Sims3setup.exe and got an error message saying 'The contents of the file 'Sims3setup.exe' can not be extracted with this program'. I tried using both the 'Unarchiver' and 'Extractor' programs-- neither worked.

//EDIT

Followed the directions, but couldn't get past the first step. When I tried to open 'The Sims 3 Installer', I got an error message that reads 'The application 'The Sims 3 Installer' can't be opened.

Then I downloaded the ultimate fix, tried installing the base game once again, and got the same message. So I tried using a different 'unzipping' program, this one called Extractor, and got an 'Invalid format' error message.

If it matters, I'm running El Capitan.

Would it be easier to just try running the Windows version of the game using Wineskin?

I'm so frustrated, any help would be greatly apreciated. I've been trying to get this to work for days.

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Really not sure where to post this, but could really use some help Empty Re: Really not sure where to post this, but could really use some help

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Jan 2016, 22:11

finley459 wrote:I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection for Mac torrent, then attempted to follow the directions. First step says to install the base game, so I tried to open 'The Sims 3 Installer' and got an error message saying 'The application 'The Sims 3 Installer' could not be opened". I then tried opening Sims3setup.exe and got an error message saying 'The contents of the file 'Sims3setup.exe' can not be extracted with this program'. I tried using both the 'Unarchiver' and 'Extractor' programs-- neither worked.

//EDIT

Followed the directions, but couldn't get past the first step. When I tried to open 'The Sims 3 Installer', I got an error message that reads 'The application 'The Sims 3 Installer' can't be opened.

Then I downloaded the ultimate fix, tried installing the base game once again, and got the same message. So I tried using a different 'unzipping' program, this one called Extractor, and got an 'Invalid format' error message.

If it matters, I'm running El Capitan.

Would it be easier to just try running the Windows version of the game using Wineskin?

I'm so frustrated, any help would be greatly apreciated. I've been trying to get this to work for days.

Thanks Smile

Hello and welcome to the forum @finley459,

I moved your topic to the Mac section and merged your posts too. If possible, please avoid opening multiple threads and/or posting in different places about the same issue. Smile  If you cannot seem to "find" your topics anymore, because they were merged or moved by Moderators, click on your username in the top right corner of the forum window and choose "view profile". Under "Statistics" there, choose "find all messages posted by [your username]".

Back to topic, there is an old Mac guide here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf

Check it out. From what I understand there is a link to a base game of Sims 3 that doesn't exist anymore on Piratebay. You can use the base game that is included in the Complete Collection of The Sims 3 though. Get the Complete Collection here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads

So yes, apply the procedure that is lined out in that Mac guide, to the Complete Collection of The Sims 3. Good luck !

P.S. please note that I myself have only rudimentary Mac knowledge, and we don't have any active team members with Mac knowledge either right now. Should you need more support, I'm afraid you will need to consult other sources and/or use the search function to see if there were similar threads in the past...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top