Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probably not the correct place to post or an allowed post ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Probably not the correct place to post or an allowed post ... Empty Probably not the correct place to post or an allowed post ...

Post by xerendipity Sat 01 Jun 2019, 19:14

but ...

HI!

I was interested in a lot from the Gallery and I don't know the best way to go about it.  I thought I recalled seeing some Gallery lots here, so I came to check, but I cannot find it using the search fields (I am looking for SimDoughnut's Angry Bear Drive-In); and I cannot open a new topic under gallery here either.  I am guessing Gallery items were discontinued?  If not, where might I find it, please?  If so, any suggestions as to where I might find it?

Many thanks in advance!!!
xerendipity
xerendipity
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Probably not the correct place to post or an allowed post ... Empty Re: Probably not the correct place to post or an allowed post ...

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Jun 2019, 19:26

xerendipity wrote:but ...

HI!

I was interested in a lot from the Gallery and I don't know the best way to go about it.  I thought I recalled seeing some Gallery lots here, so I came to check, but I cannot find it using the search fields (I am looking for SimDoughnut's Angry Bear Drive-In); and I cannot open a new topic under gallery here either.  I am guessing Gallery items were discontinued?  If not, where might I find it, please?  If so, any suggestions as to where I might find it?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Hello,

Yes, individual item requests were discontinued (long ago already). We used to have some Gallery Helpers, but things got too complex in the end: people were requesting items that were fulfilled already, others would not read the Rules, etc.

If you look on the Forum's main page/index and under The Sims 4, there is a section called "The Sims 4 Gallery". This is the one where you seemingly tried opening a new post. The thread next to it, is always this one here. And yes, posting abilities are also disabled there.
https://www.games4theworld.club/t31771-games4theworld-the-sims-4-gallery-complete-creator-collections-updated-on-30-05-2019

... wrote:02.) You can e-mail me however (red button under my signature) with suggestions about Gallery-creators, that have not been added to the list yet. Note that these are just informal suggestions, and it will be up to my discretion when or if they will be uploaded here. But in case you have good ideas about creators, it could be a means of getting you more involved in things.

That creator is not on the list yet, so I might as well take note of it.

Awesome Emote
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Probably not the correct place to post or an allowed post ... Empty Re: Probably not the correct place to post or an allowed post ...

Post by xerendipity Sat 01 Jun 2019, 19:35

Okay, so I read up on this some more and see that REQUESTS have been stopped, but not updates themselves (latest one yesterday).  Got it.

In reading through some of the posts here too, I see there is a way to access the Gallery with the free base copy too which I had not given any thought to until now.  I may try that.  Maybe.

Thank you, as always, for the site!  Looking for a Donate button because you guys are great.

------------------------------
Tried to P.M. you, but no go:
Hola!

Is there a donation site/button for the site?  If so, please link.  I would like to send along a little thank-you.  Emphasis on little.  Very Happy
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Jun 2019, 19:45

xerendipity wrote:Okay, so I read up on this some more and see that REQUESTS have been stopped, but not updates themselves (latest one yesterday).  Got it.

In reading through some of the posts here too, I see there is a way to access the Gallery with the free base copy too which I had not given any thought to until now.  I may try that.  Maybe.

Thank you, as always, for the site!  Looking for a Donate button because you guys are great.

------------------------------
Tried to P.M. you, but no go:
Hola!

Is there a donation site/button for the site?  If so, please link.  I would like to send along a little thank-you.  Emphasis on little.  Very Happy

If you have gotten yourself the free base game during the recent giveaway, then absolutely, that would also be a possibility!

Our own Gallery-collection will be mainly relevant for those who don't have or didn't manage to grab the base game, of course, but the G4TW thread also saves time for people who may want to try a variety of items.

Again, it depends on what you want. If you just want a few individual items, you're better off using your own basegame of TS4. If you want a bigger variety of stuff and don't want to go through the hassle of downloading everything (which will take time), then the G4TW thread might be useful.

We used to have a "Donate"-button on the main page of the Forum, but we removed it from that header. People are already supporting us greatly (and patiently) with the adverts that we use here. Some people however, have a donate-button in their Forum signature, like ~Ann~. Due to technicalities, the paypal-link, however, is also run through our advertising network, which creates an odd impression, and which we are still seeking to fix. So I wouldn't recommend using these donate-buttons for the moment.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? WhatDidUJustCallMe?

If you really want to donate to G4TW, use this blank link here; just copy/paste into your browser.

Code:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=3JDLRWVTXZMKN
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Sat 01 Jun 2019, 19:59

Done!   I tip my fedora.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Jun 2019, 20:02

xerendipity wrote:Done!   I tip my fedora.

Awesome Emote  Cookie from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jun 2019, 22:27

You can also use this: https://www.games4theworld.club/t34579-the-sims-4-experimental-downloading-from-online-gallery
Just keep in mind that gallery website doesn't show items with CC so downloading with original game is better.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 02 Jun 2019, 23:56

Also worth noting: if you download Gallery items from that "Complete Creator-thread", any pets will not work in your cracked games, because I don't have a Pets-DLC.

If anybody cares about pets/animals, use @anadius's Gallery workaround!

cat monkey pig rendeer elephant
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Tue 04 Jun 2019, 01:30

@anadius  Will try it as soon as I get my game up and running again, thanks.  I was looking for a "trap house" for my in-game drug dealer  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy, and inadvertently clicked on a download from the gallery and now I am getting the #&%&# Origin message.  Lol.  Moved everything to my desktop and it seems as if it is starting up ... *crosses fingers**

@The_gh0stm4n  Oh, yes, I must have my baby dog in my game.   Smile
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Wed 05 Jun 2019, 21:14

@anadius  Game started off desktop; cleaned out registry; moved it back; re-added to firewall using FAB; started again.  Yeay!  Proceeded to install TamperMonkey and Script, tried to reinstall script again because I wasn't sure if it had installed correctly. (It had).  Then, tried to open an account, but got a message that says they are having technical difficulties and to try later.  Keep getting the same message, 'later'.  
Any thoughts?  
I was using a VPN.  Might try without it ... ugh, but if so, do I need to install script again?  Thanks in advance for any advice.
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2019, 22:58

Not sure, could be some temporary problem with EA servers. Works fine here. The script doesn't do anything until you click download so if website doesn't load then it's not because of my script.

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Fri 07 Jun 2019, 02:37

No, I didn't think it was your script causing it, but it keeps doing the same, so wondered if you had any thoughts or might know what is happening, or had heard of it happening before.  All in all, it's not a big deal since I was only interested in a couple of lots and not having them won't kill me.  Smile Thanks!
xerendipity
xerendipity
Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top